Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Strolling down memory lane..

There has been numerous postings on classical nursery rhymes and lagu2 tradisional melayu at UKS yahoogroup lately. One member suggested the song "Under the Rainbow". Reading her post reminded me of my good old school days where we used to sing that song together with some actions (do u remember, BBGSians?). I can remember the action clearly now (but don't know how to describe it) but how about the song??

I can't remember the lyrics!! The melody keeps on playing in my head for the past few days but the lyrics is totally off..It's driving me nuts!!

Please fellow friends, if any of u could give me a light on this..

I can only remember few lines (or should i say word).."Under the rainbow, under the sea, bang, bang, bang..you are my *blank*, you are my *blank*..bla, bla, bla..and have a family, under the rainbow, under the sea, bang, bang, bang"..

......................................................................

Added on 21 July 2005 at 8.51 a.m.:

Another song now in my head..Ola Oli..

Ola Oli, diberi nama, Patanda Patande..bla, bla, bla..sape yg baik hati? Cinderella, then we have miau, miau, ali baba etc..

I guess I've lost my childhood touch along the way - college, university, working life. And it's pretty hard for me to recall all the games, songs and rhymes I had in those days. But I still remember some like galah panjang, main getah, batu seremban..Oh yeah, i remember another one here..

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? No 7 stole the cookie from the cookie jar..Not me (ye ke ni?)..Yes you..Couldn't be..than who?..No 1 stole the cookie from the cookie jar..and it continues..But how does it end? *sigh*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

geee sorry, can't help you there. About the mega sale, c'mon you have saved enough throughout 1st half of the year. ahahahah

Think of it as an investment.

Unknown said...

hampeh tak ingat
wish BBGS was still there so i our kids could haunt the same classes we used to haunt.
btw.. if you and me ae second cousins, what would that make our kids? :P

rafiqaheliza said...

rotidua: saved in 1st half of the year? did i? kalau ada pun, perhaps for other future plans, sis..not for mega sale..hehe...

Izreen : gosh..u forgot. I was hoping u could remember that song. Yeah aa, i miss our good old school building. Sekarang nama BBGS pun takde..so sad..
Wahhh u izreen, not yet married and thinking about kid..You're too advance!! Go back a step..

Nana said...

alamak!
now u're making me wonder too!

Anonymous said...

ola oli ku beri nama
saudara saudari
cikebum cikebum
malam malam minggu
siang siang minggu
disco disco
putih putih melati
ali baba
merah merah jelita
miao miao
siapa yang baik hati
cinderella

*sorry la geng, ingat sampai situ je

rafiqaheliza said...

anony, thanks a lot!! That helps a lot!! Gonna sing this song to dearest baby so that I wont forget this song. Cuma kena edit sikit part 'disco disco' tu..Bad influence..

Anonymous said...

ola oli ku beri nama
saudara saudari
cikebum cikebum
putih putih melati
ali baba
merah merah jelita
miao miao
siapa yang baik hati
cinderella
tentu di sayang emak....

(i didn't remember the part abt siang and malam and disco thou.. hehehe..)

the cookie jar game was indeed played widely at bbgs.. i remember the song too, but couldnt remember how the game will end. how ah? is it when someone forgot which number she is??? hhmmm...

what abt the songs from "the sound of music"? i remember the time we were jumping on the stairs at ur house trying to imitate the movie.. haha..

-farah alwi-