Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I will miss them..

Department meeting is over. New tasks, new deadlines *sigh*. Motivation is at zero level. Our Bank is in the verge of merging with another bank, just across the street. It's not actually merge but more of a takeover. One Bank will become the subsidiary of the other. And our Bank is the victim. Rumours spread that we have to move to the other bank's building. I am going to miss our current building, especially the toilet. TOILET? Yes, toilet. Our building has luxurious toilets, like those in 5-star hotels, most outsiders commented. With concealed lighting, black marble, and England imported kepala paip. It's superb clean u can even sleep in the toilet if u r too sleepy. It's also my milk factory where I installed my 'milk production line' during my breastfeeding day.

I've been to our neighbour's building. Nothing compared to ours. I will miss our building if we have to move. Goodbye nice toilet!!

***************************************

Yesterday, hubby's officemates did a farewell dinner for him at Level 6, Sogo..and I was invited. Who doesn't like free food. Yey! and it's Chinese..yummylicious! We were seated at a 'VIP' table - VIP because the big boss was there. We had a fruitful discussion during dinner. We started of with investment topic - use other people's money, real estate (Robert Kiyosaki's stuff) and unit trusts. Then we move on to current issues - Mahallil being kicked out from Proton (poor guy, he's jobless now! Will he become our new CEO for the new merged bank?)..etc, etc,etc. Did not join much..busy enjoying my meal..hehehe..

Then hubby had to give his farewell speech. To my suprise (and others too!), he took out a piece of paper with his speech printed on it. Remarks made by his pal "Ingat Oscar ke ni?", "Jangan lupa email kat kitaorang speech kau tu"..We had a good laugh. And it was an excellent speech (I wonder when he find time to come out with such speech).

Then, came the gift-giving ceremony. His big boss handed him a gift box, contributed by all his department mates. He was forced to open the box. Here's what he got...

It is an original England's jersey printed with IAD KGB (Internal Audit Department, Kumpulan Guthrie Berhad)!! It must have cost a fortune. Hubby's grinning from ear to ear now. He wanted that jersey so much and now he got it! Boy, am I glad to see he is happy!

As soon as we reached home, he tried the jersey on. And here's what he said "Ada macam Beckham tak?" Helllooooo..perasan kinda guy!! And another one "I think I should do this often..jump from one place to the other so I could collect farewell gift as good as this"..hahaha..

I wish hubby all the best at his new place, starting 1st August 2005. Eventhough it might not be a greener pasture, don't worry, I'll be on your side..And I know I'll miss all his good friends at KGB.

So dear, what am I suppose to do with your jersey? Wash them? Hang them? Or put them inside your bag for another futsal game?

6 comments:

shell said...

i think a good office needs a good toilet. heh. It's where my ideas mencurah.. :P

ps: i think it's cute ur hubby is comenting on yer blog.

Anonymous said...

Fina: Mana boleh tak miss..Spot baik utk tido tu..

Shell: Hubby alwaz read my blog now and then to check on my thoughts..how I know? becoz he asked me one fine day,"why do u have to get a hair cuit at KLCC? That's so expensive!" (check out Financial Management)..Only this time around he make some comments,kan,kan,kan bro Frank?

Unknown said...

how come i cannot get access to our bro's nota kaki i.e frank lampard's blog?

rafiqaheliza said...

Fina : Bro Frank tak publish anythg lah tu..Thanks for highlighting that. I dont even know that he has his own blog. Look 4ward to reading his blog *wink to Bro Frank*.

Unknown said...

muaakakakaka.....i suppose not la kot...saje je for the sake of having his own blog..looking forward to his writing....

rafiqaheliza said...

Me too! Hope his Nota Kaki is gonna be full of his thoughts and inner feelings..I'm so gonna read that!!