Friday, July 15, 2005

It's two weeks to 'D' day!!

It's two weeks to Ashraff's first bday!! What should I do? Where shall I start? We haven't started anythg? Asked mak the other day, she asked me to do kenduri kesyukuran and aqiqah at mak pontian's house. And then only have a simple bday party at her house. And that's it?? No other ideas from her. I thot she'll be so excited, siapkan itu ini, bought this and that. But NO, she just kept quiet. So unlike her..

Oklah, probably she wants me to organise the special event on my own sebab all these while she always be the master mind - for my wedding, ashraff's potong jambul and all. Ok, i'll take the challenge. After all, Ashraff's my precious baby and I should organise some things rather than leaving it to mak to do it.

So, back to square one. Where shall I start? I tried to look-up in the internet for some guidance and found this interesting guideline.

Ok, I have very limited budget for the party so I have to minimise cost as much as I can. Here are basically some of my plans as at todate:-

Birthday cake
I'll order some custom-made cake from sis Nadia, that's a must!

Party Favors
I've contacted famygirl for some advice as she has her own event management business. And kalau susah2 sgt, just purchase the party packs from her. Or else, where can I get good and cheap party packs? If I were to do my own, what should I include in the pack?

Birthday Theme
Wanted to have bday theme sebab macam senang sikit nak organise. But Fitri disagree coz he said Ashraff cant appreciate it. He said if u want to have a theme, the preparation might be expensive. What do u think?

Games or Activities
Chulah and Uncle Raymie used to comeout with lots of activities for Ameer and Ammar's bday but they're big boys and Ashraff is only 1 yo!! So? Should we organise some activities for his party? I dont think so coz I want to make it as fast as possible coz Ashraff might be tired and creates tantrums.

Venue
Thought of having it at our house, poolside perhaps. But Fitri told me it's very hard for us to monitor Ashraff, who's going to go into the pool and take care of him. Kalau dia nak kat org lain, ok jugak. If he's a bigger, then that's fine. I'll have to agree to that. So, mak abah's placelah, mana lagi.

Date
Probably 14th August. 6th August nak buat Aqiqah kat mak pontian's house. Not confirmed as yet. How's that?

What to eat?
Depends on the time. I can perhaps cook spaghetti or do some normal bihun goreng. Ayam goreng ke..ala, the normal food. Unless, mak wants to get nasi briyani with lauk pauk etc. I guess I have to discuss with mak and abah on this.

Ok, by writing this down, I think I have some idea on how to go about. Will start with the party pack firstlah, in case I want to make it a bit special or wants it personalized.

Phewww..hope Ashraff is in a good mood that day. Since his nap time is unpredictable, it's pretty hard to gauge his mood. Will keep updated on the progress.

5 comments:

Nana said...

Ija, good luck with the preparations. Dah ada checklist tu senang sikit la nak monitor. :)

zan said...

i think the most difficult part would be to keep entertaining ashraff and not make him sleepy on his birthday.

Unknown said...

ooh, how nice... have you moved to your new plce yet?
ps - don't forget my wedding ya?

rafiqaheliza said...

Izreen, no I wont!! Just had a chat with Fatimah last nite:)

Sis Zan, oh yes! That's definitely a challenge. Famygirl has not come back to me as yet on the party packs. Probably she's bz, with work and biz..

famyGirl said...

*panting*

i'm here, i'm here!!! :)