Monday, July 30, 2007

Over The Weekend

It was a fulfilling long break. A bit too overwhelming, I must say.

As mentioned in my last post, I took leave on Thursday and Friday, just to finish up the order for chocolate wrapper and also to boost up the milk supply by feeding Aliff directly. Killing two birds with one stone. But I’ve killed more than two birds. The long leave is also used to care for sick people.

Aliff was down with high fever. It was the first fever he got since he was born. Together with fever, he also suffered diarrhea. Looks like diarrhea bug has been harassing the household for the past few weeks, starting from Ashraff, then me, then Mak, and the latest victim, Aliff. Kesian mamat tu. He lost like more than 1 kilo. Thank God, he was not admitted to the hospital as he still takes up his milk and food normally.

But Alhamdulillah, I manage to juggle between the three tasks – chocolate wrapping, breastfeeding and caring for Aliff, all within the span of four days. In my case, I just need a helper to be able to do all three:)

Please have a look at the chocolates I made for my friend’s wedding at my lil gift shop. Too bad I miss out on her resplendent wedding function as I have to take care of Aliff. I'm sure Fina and Izreen will blog about this event so I would be able to see what it’s like (and find out what I’ve missed).

I’ve also missed doing some of the other things I planned to do over the weekend:-

1. Balik kampung to attend Hubby’s cousin wedding. Only Hubby and Ashraff went back. I had to stay at home to monitor Aliff. Just in case, the diarrhea worsens, he has to be admitted to the hospital, so we wouldn’t want to take the risk of going back to kampung.

2. Pick a name for the C.M.O.G’s free giveaway. Reason being, orang yang ditugaskan untuk pick a name telah balik kampung ikut Ayahnya. So, for those who have left a comment, don’t despair. InsyaAllah, we’ll do it within this week. Will announce once done.

Oh yeah, this Sunday will be Ashraff’s 3rd birthday. I’m currently cooking something for his birthday. In fact, this year we plan to do a double birthday bash for both Ashraff and Aliff. Though their birthdays are three month apart, I thought of doing it at one go. Malas nak organize birthday party banyak kali. Since it's double celebration, we plan to do it a bit grander than what we used to do.

This time around we intend to do a theme party. We are still contemplating on the theme, but more or less, it’s going to be a superhero theme. Spiderman and Batman party, maybe. All blue & red and yellow & black. Oh, Ibu has no experience in planning a theme party, but shall try her level best. And what’s important must be within our budget.

Date-wise, it’s going to be in early December. Big probability it will be on 8th December 2007. This time around we are going to hire a pro photographer for the event, which happens to my good college friend, Ezwa.

But, on this Sunday, we plan to do a simple cake-cutting ceremony at LW together with Ashraff’s school friends and teacher. I thought of making Ashraff clad in a personalized t-shirt on the day. And I’ve also design a chocolate wrapper for Ashraff’s friend and teacher.

The Front View

The Rear View


This is the design on Ashraff’s t-shirt. Simple je. Yang ni tengoklah sempat ke tak nak buat. Ibu ni bercita-cita tinggi but at the same time is too tied up with office work. After taking leave and MC, work is piling like hell. But if it materializes, I’ll share with you on how you can have the T-Shirt for your kids as well.

14 comments:

Jungle Playland said...

Happy Birthday Ashraff!

I must say the choc bar for the wedding is so lurvly.. You one creative mommy...

I bet the theme party u plan for the boys will be as creative.. don't worry i believe that the earlier you plan the party the more likely you will not go above the budget limit. That's what i'm trying to do now..stay within the budget... Huhuuhu!!

cikdah said...

wow... u r really a supermom! wish I can be sooo creative and hardworking like you.. :) I am sooo lazzyy on organizing thing.. nak buat bday party punn rasanye di A&W or McDonald je lahh kot.. ehehe.. tak peningkan kepala..bukan apa.. nanti kitee jugak yg nak kena pk and mengemass..hhmm..
Happy Birthday Ashraff!! rupanye Ashraff and Aisyah sama2 3 yrs old this yr.. my daughter's will be this oct..:)

Anonymous said...

hari ni tak ada mood nak update blog..been busy, i ni tak tahu nak blog about phone so i just tell you here, i bought samsung u600 quad band - black; yang sekarang ada tampal kat billboard2 besar tepi highway..i like coz it is slim (109mm) and looks exclusive..bertukar arah from n0kia..pi jugak kedai n0kia tapi semua tebal dan bagak..the latest edition i ada tengok tapi belum keluar lagi - n0kia 6500 classis (95mm) but my old phone dah kong cannot wait..tu yang beli samsung.

Nana said...

wah.. december party sudah plan skarang ye. heheh..terrer lah! anyway, sangat cantik the choc bar wrapper! terkilannya aku aritu tak sempat nak buat for jannah.

rafiqaheliza said...

aidan's mommy: Opps, belum lagi bday dia. It's this Sunday but I'm just showing the choc bar I made for him. You lagi creative lah. I really love the invites u've made for aidan's party. Semangat! Stay within budget yg susah sket ni..want the best, tapi harga murah..how aa?

cikdah: Hey, I got helper, so doesn't count as supermom..hehehe..Oh, part ngemas tu pun I tak larat jugak. We plan to hire our friend's bibik to help. All those were in the budget:) Oh sama ye. 2004 babies kan?

Onde2: Oh wow, sleek...Nokia lately ni byk jenis bagak. But I still opt for Nokia sebab I dah biasa with the features..

Nana: Skang baru buat budget je. Alahai Jannah, aunty sori sesgt psl aqiqah hari tu. Nanti aunty buat for your 1st bday pulak, kay?

Zaitul said...

Happy Birtday To Cute Ashraff....

waaaa....bestnyer that t-shirt u designed tu...cm best jer....

heyy...haziq nyer 1st birthday is not till next year february tp i dh plan skit2 nk wat ape...wakakka...aren't we both 'organised' mommies kan...kan...

mommamia said...

Raf,u ni supermom la!where do u get all the energy and determination?jaga anak sakit,at the same time busy with your business project and then busy with aliff's party preaparation, t'shirt n all..how i wish i could be like you,i rasakan rata2 mommy yg i kenal thru blogging semua rajin2(baking cupcakes,design things)creative and very high-spirit,i jer hampeh!hihi-by the way,i love the t-shirt u design for aliff,if u start ur t shirt business,pls blog bout it,i berminat sgt,dah terbyg2 irina pakai t-shirt with her own photo on it hihi-lemme know ya!

Nomee said...

You are supermom la. You are doing many things at one time, and here I am, struggling with normal stuffs while dragging my feet. So teruk me!

Amy said...

Cantikle wrapper tu. I suka sangat. Happy birthday to your boys too.

NZ said...

Wow.. memang supermom. I wish I'm more rajin like you. Photobook anak2 yg dah siap pun tak print2 lagik.

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Wah... Bagusnya supermom ni. Syabas!!! macam saya ni semuanya nak mudah. Bday anak pun tak buat sebab.... ada alasan tersendiri.

BTW, Ija saya ada emel kat awak sthing....

Mummy Rizq said...

wah.. wah..wah.. memang bz nampaknya! anyway.. happy b'day ashraff. surely you are looking forward to the double celebration party that your mum is planning!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ashraff!! he must be proud to have creative mummy like u.. :D..

Eh i am also towing with the idea nak buat choc bar cam tu.. heheh

famyGirl said...

ni nak kena mintak tips ni :)