Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Being mommy...

Personally, after going through the process of raising Ashraff, I think this is the most tiring phase (as in physically tired) in handling a kid - the phase where the child trying to stand while holding onto something and later cruising until he knows how to walk and go up and down the stairs stably.

This is because this is the time when you have to keep your eyes glued on him/her all the time as he might topple the second you look or move away. He might bang his head on the floor or in a certain more damaging situation, there's blood involved. When I say eyes fixed on him, I really mean it. You have to "membontoti" him all the time, no time to read even the headline in the newspaper or watch the telly.

This is also the time where the ever-loving grandparents will start nagging on my back if anything happen to their cucu. "Ishk, macamana jaga dia ni sampai boleh jatuh?!". Fuhh, my parenting ability is at stake.

And now I have to go through it again. This time around with Aliff.





Some said the easier way out is to put him in a walker, but I don't quite like the idea. I have my reasons but I think I don't want to start a debate here, so might as well I keep it to myself.

Now, I just have to keep it up with him and his pace. At least, the speed this time around is not as bad as with Ashraff. So a tad less tiring...but still tiring. When I think of it again, I cuma sekejap je jaga dia everyday. My maid lagi kesian, almost half of her day is with him, and at the same time kena jaga Ashraff yang boleh tahan banyak jugak permintaannya. The more tiring it is for her...

But, on a positive side, he is making progress normally, alhamdulillah. Ibu tak kisahlah...tak dapat tgk TV pun takpe..hehe.

******************

Ashraff is extra thrilled when he got this new Spiderman jacket from his shophaholic Tok Teh.

And as expected, the next day, he wanted to wear the jacket again. He thought this jacket is like normal ordinary clothing, where you can wear it even under the hot sun. Thus (also as expected) he was mad when I demured to his request. As usual, my attempt to strike a balance with this lad was a total failure. But this time around, rather than just keeping a straight face and maintain my coolness, I decided to take photos of him "in action". It dawned to me at that time that I have never taken any picture of him throwing tantrum. This stage might pass, so better if I snap some shots before it's too late (though I really want it to pass soon). So here it is, photos of Ashraff like you've never seen before...hehehe...

This is not one of the extreme tantrums though, coz dia tak jerit2 sangat, or menghempas-hempaskan badannya di lantai. But the camera trick somehow seemed to work. After few shots, he wiped his tears and go "nak tengok gambar boleh?" with smile on his face macam bukan dia yang nangis tadi. Drama king betullah mamat sorang ni!

The next time around, I'm going to take photos of him seperti "ikan atas darat" di shopping-shopping complex. You should hear him cry. It's really, really loud. If you happened to hear a child wailing in shopping complexes, and the sound of it memenuhi seluruh ruang shopping complex tersebut, it might be my lil Ashraff. We have to put up with this like every trip to shopping complexes dan telah banyak kali dimalukan di khalayak ramai, name it kat Carrefour, KLCC, Alamanda, Giant..ishk banyaklah. So the next time around, Ibu is bringing her camera along to capture the moment. Ibu is playing nasty now...hehehe...

Oh,oh, just a kind reminder. Dah comment ke belum at this entry? If not, pls, pls do so coz you might get lucky. It's two more weeks to go before the "contest" (can call contest meh?) ended...I haven't actually announced to public bout this lil biz blog as yet coz I want to give every opportunity for my blogger friends, close friends or relatives to have this product first. I know, I'm in good mood-:)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeay!!!i'm the first one to leave the comment.. hehehe.. comel gile aliff.. montoks... but why akak tak pakai stroller? citer la...

eiseais said...

unfair...aliff dah pandai pegang? asyraf still lembik2 on the floor and waiting for people to pick him up. jangan harap nak angkat badan anytime soon.

hehehe...same lah with the comments, can never run from it. macam lah we purposely baling them kan? ish...

same thing with the walker too :) exersaucer is good tho

kaezrin said...

ahhh ashraff m,cm efi drama..efi pun suke terbaring2 atas lantai minus the crying..i dunno why he just suddenly baring atas semua lantai carrefour klcc ker apa ker..sadis ok...and all camera tricks doesnt work..tension..

i still didnt do anythng abt ur lil contest..did read abt it but tak buat apa2...

btw bila leave for OZ???

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Hehehehe... Takut jugak memikirkan bagaimanakah anakku nanti!!!

Btw sekrg AYSH dah boleh berdiri tp not on his own. Kena pegang jugak but dia dah pandai panjat kerusi, katil, coffee table...

Hv to admit... mmg penat membontoti dia. Langsung taknak dipegang, nak merayau satu umah. Itu yg tak larat sbb this mama nak tengok tv tp kena membontoti anaknya ke dapur, depan, dining hall, bilik... habis semua nak ditawafnya.

But like u said lah, masa kita dgn dia brape lama sgt (petang - malam), so itu je masa yg ada... so need to maximise the quality time.

Nana said...

i too am against walkers.

hehehe..

Nomee said...

Aiyoooo.. sudah lambat ke comment ni? tak leh menang ke?

mommamia said...

No wonder la u slim maintain jer mcm anak dara,penat 'membontoti' anak rupanya,good exercise tu,takyah susah2 diet-ashraff nangis set bergema satu shopping complex eh?hihi bolehla geng ng irina,kita buat pertandingan suara sapa paling soprano haha

rafiqaheliza said...

aisha: Oh, dia pipi je ketepi. Badan dah kecut sket..It's not stroller, dik, but walker. Adalah few reasons which like I say I don't want to disclose. Every parents got it's own choice so taknak start a debate:)

eiseai: hehehe...relekslah mommy asyraf. I guess aliff ni is going thru a growth spurt. Last month he was all lembik, tetiba this month dia bleh crawl and sit with ease, and now start standing up..asyraf will follow suit. wanna check out exersaucerlah..

kaezrin: Yup, sgt tragis and we are helpless whenever he did it. Just cuba keep a straight face and taknak menambahkan kekecohan yang dah sedia kecoh..hehe..
InsyaAllah, end of next month we r leaving. sambut 50th merdeka kat OZ.

Fahida: Oh, masa ini bukan utk tgk TV, mama. But tgk Aysh je. Skang ni org ckp bincang cerita apa kat TV ke, I ternganga je..Tulah kan, baru jaga petang and malam pun dah penatkan. But the phase soon pass. Other will come, contoh cam tantrum Ashraff!!

nae said...

please dont let my boys see the spiderman jacket...hehehe...fenin!

agree with the walker...never had one.

rafiqaheliza said...

Nana: Hi5 sikit kat Nana! We have our own reasonskan...

Nomee: Not here, dear. In my other window..Smpi 27/7 lah. U r still not too late.

Mommamia: Serious cam soprano kan? I dah naik cool je kalau dia menangis..but I wouldn't dare to look at the faces of org yg lalu. Sbb dah too used to Ashraff's loud cry, bila Aliff nangis, I rasa tak panik langsung. Alahai Aliff ni kalau nangis, sungguh soft gitu...Like music to my ears..hehehe...

Mummy Rizq said...

me too. i dont use walker for rizq.. and i hv my reasons also!

fuh... memang mencabar menjaga budak ni. kalau tak tahan sabar memang tak bleh.

i've replied yr comments in my blog.

Cherry said...

rumah you banyak barang2 yang menarik minat aliff. my house is minimalist. haaa kerusi living room pun baru beli last year, the youngest dah 3+ baru le nak berperabot-perabot.