Monday, July 16, 2007

Mowing the Lawn

It was one lazy Saturday afternoon at around 4 p.m. We were car-less as Hubby took the car for a thorough clean-up (Ashraff threw up in the car and left a major stain on the light-coloured seat), which apparently took like almost 6 hours of our weekend. So, with nothing to do and nowhere to go, I decided to have a walk around the house. Seldom did I have the luxury to have a look at Abah's garden and admire the work he has done in maintaining this piece of land.

Abah always loves gardening. As far as I can remember, Abah has kept the house garden neat and tidy. I wanted to share the same interest as Abah, so I would be able to help him managing the garden. Unfortunately I just could not find the passion to do gardening. Therefore, Abah is the sole person in the house who ensures that the land is mowed and the dried leaves are swept and thrown away.





He also planted trees like rambutan tree, banana tree and papaya tree, thus, we got to enjoy the hasil (what's the word in English?) every now and then.



And now that he’s a retired man, the more time is spent in doing the things he loves.

So when the culprit by the name of Ashraff has made a huge hole in the middle of his well-kept garden, I thought Abah would have gone ballistic over it.



But cucu tidak sama dengan anak. Kalau anak buat, maybe yes Abah would have gone mad. But since cucu yang buat, then Abah just smile and said OK. So, here it is. Ashraff’s activity every evening (if it wasn’t raining) – making the big hole deeper and larger.

When I say in the middle of the garden, I really mean it..hehe...

His leg all covered with soil. Sometimes even his hair and t-shirt...

That cheeky lil monster

Well, at least somebody seems to be sharing the same interest with Tok Abah. And that somebody is also Tok Abah’s greatest buddy in ‘manning’ the garden. He in fact climbed up the rambutan tree just to help Tok Abah in picking the fruit. Semangatkan?!

On me, I'm pretty much glad that the new house which we bought and expected to be completed the end of this year, has only one stretch of raw soil. The rest of the compound are tarred and tiled. Thus, I don't have to worry too much on who's going to do the gardening part later on..hehe...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

yeayyyy the first to comment...sangat healthy ok ashraff punya hobby..

butterflutter said...

Wahh...best la...cantik view dr rumah your parents tu. I bersemangat ni with the ciput tanah we gonna have but must do by stages. Tanam rumput saja dah rm2k..berpeluh..

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Tak suka sgt gardening. Tapi my parents suka pulak. Kalau ditinggalkan I dgn pokok2 bunga di rumah for 2-3 days. Mahu mati pokok2 tu sebab terlupa nak siram... hehehe...

Anonymous said...

yay!! clap for Tok Abah for a job well done. boleh geng ngan my mom (with her orchids) and my dad with his orchard. Nak harap anak² uhhh hampehh!

mommamia said...

Cantiknys garden rumah ur parents,tgk pun dah terasa sejuk,same like my dad,rumah i penuh dgn bunga kertas,yg mangsa nak menyapu bunga2 tu dulu i la hihi!ashraff mmg nmpk cheeky!terernya berkebun,kalah auntie mar!heheh

Leilanie said...

I like the fact that the house is atas bukit? betul ke?

Ashraff's 101 Gardening lesson.
:)

kaezrin said...

itulah healthy sgt ashraff nyer hobby nih...heyy area ampang mana u ol duduk nih cantik la scenery dier