Thursday, December 29, 2005

From Landed Property to High-Rise Building..


Alhamdulillah. We have officially moved to our own home. Although there is still lot of decorations to make as the walls are pretty bare, but we are glad to call it OUR HOME.

It took us two days to carry our stuffs, which mainly consists of our clothings back and forth from Ampang to Cheras. I left some of my clothes which I hardly wear because I believe that there won't be enough space for me to put them in our now smaller room. I did make a correct decision! We used to have a walk-in cabinet and a stand-alone cupboard at my parent's and now we have to deal with just three doors of built-in cabinet with few drawers, and we have to share it with our lil Ashraff! We would not want to carry Ashraff's own cabinet as there is no possible way for us to position that thing in our room.

And another thing, we could not bring Ashraff's favourite cot along too. We were thinking of co-sharing the bed with him (a good idea?) but our bed is queen size and not king size like what we used to have, so three is a crowd on the bed. So now my lil lad has to settle himself comfortably sleeping on the floor. Poor thing! I called it 'Rumah Setinggan'..hehehe..
Since he is not used to the new environment and I'm pretty much afraid he'll roll-over and swept the whole room, both of us ended up restless during our first few nights there. Gee..

Then finally, on Sunday night, everything is nicely transferred and arranged. As I take the final look before I stepped out from my previous room, there is this weariness feeling inside me. The room which I have been occupying for the past 15 years of my life is now empty. It is even sadder to look at Abah's face when we handed over their house key. Mak decided to go back to Johor Bharu for no specific reason but Atok Lon (my aunty who is living with me) told me that Mak would not want to see us leave. I am not trying to be extra-melancholic here (as Ampang and Cheras are not that far anyway), but it was indeed a sad moment for me...

Then starting Monday, we have comfortably settling in. I started to cook for lunch (make it extra so I don't have to cook for dinner). We had a jolly good time bringing Ashraff for a swim. I wanted to put on my swimming attire and join the fun, but it is bright sunny evening and I am getting a bit too self-concious with my bulging tummy, so I decided to do it at night. Not that night, some other night. Probably tonight.

Then we have this gymnasium which I so look forward to have my regular exercise. But I need someone to actually do some physical check-up and advise me on the right machine to use. Perhaps I can try to have a peek at the Equilibrium Gym that is situated at Maju Junction.

Oh yeah, tonite, our community will have somesort of AGM meeting to pick the new committee for the people at Mentari Kondominium. For the first time, we would be able to make it, insyaAllah. I am so looking forward to get to know our neighbours.

I have to say that I am slowly adapting to the change in environment. There is still teeny weeny sorrow in me to be leaving my parent whom I know are badly missing their grandson at this very moment, I know I have to accept this. And hope Mak and Abah will be able to adjust with their new life without me, Fitri and Ashraff.

One thing that I know will take me a very looongggg time to accept is what used to be 20 mins journey back home from the office is now taking a whole 1 hour of our precious time! Cheras, Cheras, you definitely need elevated highway like we had in Ampang...

8 comments:

nadya.s said...

hi,
thanks for dropping by at my blog. u hv entertaining blog too. blog ni mmg make our life revolve around small world kan,mcm 6 eegree of saperation.get to know one another from same people.

nad dah email the 4associate nyer package kt email rafiqah. thanks again and hv a nice day

Anonymous said...

it was a melancholic situation for those experienced the same thing. 3 years since i moved out from my parents' but family ties get closer and sweeter, actually. There were more frequent exchange of hugs then before. You'll soon learn to appreciate your parents more, i tell ya. Those tiny little details that they have done for us throughout our growing years which we never noticed before. Paku nak sangkut baju, 2 layers curtain, tempat pasang ubat nyamuk, paip getah nak angkat wudhuk/bersuci, extra bulb outside your bedroom window...

I have different perspective of life and money after i moved. Things that mak used to nag at me, things that we disagree on. Now, i see her rationale and it was nothing but for my own good.

Isk digress plak. I wanna call my mother la.

Unknown said...

congratulations!! i agree with you and rotidua on the moving experience. mmg there were more hugs and closeness with the parents. however, i didnt hand over my ampang house keys though (mana tau we need a place to crash for the night). hee hee

Unknown said...

darling rafiqah, welcome to the we-now-live-in-our-own-house club. fun, but tiring....pandai ko yeak...masak lunch lebey so that dont have to cook again for dinner...trick tu...

Nana said...

uiyok.. sangatlah agreenya dengan rotidua. especially about the paku nak sangkut baju. ahaks!

my mom sampai hari ni kidnap cucu2 dia all the time, eventhough my brother dah pindah more than 2 years.

rafiqaheliza said...

nadya: I have received it. Thanks. Will review and be in contact if I need your service:)

rotidua: Yeah, I never thought I would miss my mother this much. I always thought she's a perfectionist. Pinggan makan utk kita yang ni, kalau tetamu yang ni..Always change the bedsheet of your tetamu's room kalau ada tetamu lain nak dtg..yadaa, yadaa, yadaa..But now, I think I'm becoming like her..Scary thought isn't it? hehehe..

Izreen: What to do..My sis needs the key. She doesn't have the automatic gate key..

rafiqaheliza said...

Fina: Ko kena ikut trick tu. Aku tau kau jenis malas nak masak jugak. Samalah kita..

Onde2: My husband is the tuan tanah. And I'm the mem besar now..

Nana: Ni mesti terlupa pasang paku sangkut baju ni..
These retired granparents have all the time in the world nak kidnap cucu2 dia kan?

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Enjoy your new life!!!! Very sad when I read your story... but it happened to almost people. Macam mana nak tinggalkan parents yg dah lama duduk bersama!!! Me too. But I get used to it now because I stayed at hostel since I was 13 years old. Yeah right, trust me (and others) we will get more close with our parents (esp) when we meet them some other time. Dont feel very sad... since you say Ampang & Cheras tak jauh mana....! You'll get use to it soon.