Friday, December 23, 2005

Entering a new life..

Finally, we are moving in to our OWN home sweet home in Cheras. Dearest Hubby decided that once and for all, without further delay, this long holiday will be used to transfer all our things from mak & abah's house in Bukit Antarabangsa, Ampang to our condominium in Bandar Tasik Permaisuri, Cheras, which has been completed in early 2003.

For the past 6 months, we have been going back and forth from my parent's house to our house. Weekdays in Ampang, and weekends in Cheras. I found it a bit too taxing for us to maintain two houses, with half of our things here and half there. There will be times when I searched high and low for my long skirt or pants, and eventually realised that I left it at our house in Cheras. Darn..

Soon, insyaAllah, gone are the days where we have to switch from one place to the other. Along it will be the days where our dinner is ready everytime we get back from work. Hubby has insisted me to cook for dinner every night regardless of how late we get back from work. So now, I would have to learn to become a master of the kitchen, something which I don't quite like doing but I know responsibility is a responsibility. And a wife gotta do what the husband wants her to do..So I am fine with that.

But one thing that touches my heart is my mak and abah's reaction towards us moving out from the house. This is partly the reason why we have been postponing our plan for such a looonngggg time. Mind you, it's 2 1/2 years of delay! Everytime when we brought up this issue, mak will either keep quiet throughout the dinner or abah will make the remark "pindah-pindah abah tak nak dengar." So, we were torn between our plan and mak & abah's feeling. And we still are..

And now with Ashraff around, it makes things harder. For example, last night, while watching the TV with mak & abah, Ashraff as usual will dance and jumping around the living hall, with his usual shriek of excitement. Abah then said "Tak lama lagi senyaplah rumah kita ye Adah (gelaran abah untuk mak)." And mak will give her usual gloomy look...Haiyaa..

Despite that, I WANT us to move. I insisted we move. I had a slow woman-to-woman talk with mak one night. I told her my attention to move is the only way for me to become a real wife to Fitri (not that I am not real, but at least it's time for me to take charge of the household). Apart from that, I pity my hubby. Staying with my parent, has one way or another hinders his side of family to come and lepaking with us at our house since it is not our OWN house. Not that my husband complained but I can sense it (macam bagus je..)

And then I said something which is rather adverse, but somehow makes sense to my mother. I told her, it is the evolution of life. We must put at the back of our mind that all our children will leave us one day to go on with their lives. She left my tok mak as soon as she married my father years ago. And now it is time for me to go on with my life. And soon there will come a time where Ashraff will move away from me. But moving to a new house, does not mean that we are moving away for good. We will still come back here once in a while (or probably every weekend). Cheras and Ampang are not that far anyway.

With this, she had not made a single comment when I finally put a strong footing saying I am moving to Cheras this Christmas holiday. And suprisingly, Abah too. She must have told Abah about our rationale to move in one of their husband-and-wife talks at night..hehehe..

So here we are, finally, packing our stuffs to our own adobe (quoting Mrs Corporate Tai-Tai) and entering a new life...Semoga Allah merahmati perjalanan hidup kami ini..

Just in case you are wondering now, which i am sure you are, insyaAllah there will be a house-warming makan-makan at our house. Will keep u posted on this one.

Oh by the way, despite our busyness to move this weekend, we, I mean CMOG will be opening a stall at Sunday Flea Market @ Kelab Ukay, Bukit Antarabangsa from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. So if you happen to be somewhere in this area, please drop by...

12 comments:

Nana said...

oo.. housewarming.. i like. heheh..

i kinda understand how u feel about moving on your own. before we moved to bangi, we'd be in MIL's place for a couple of days before staying at my parents for another couple of days and the cycle repeats itself. by the end of 6 months i was so exhausted! tu pasal la pregnant2 pon masa tu aku pindah jugak!

Zetty said...

selamat decorate rumah baru!

Unknown said...

babe we are in the same boat, underwear aku byk tinggal kat ampang lagi ni, so have to buy new ones...hehehe and yeah, i feel kinda homesick also believe it or not masa mula2 pindah, but privacy is privacy, boleh dating ngan hubby balik sampai kol 3 pagi...plus, husband is doing most of the cooking..muahahahahaha....

rafiqaheliza said...

Nana: I pun dah tak tahan nak maintain byk2 rumah ni (sekali dgr, macam org kaya pulak). Tu lah i have to make a firm stand this time around..U made the right decision for moving out before aliah was born..

zetty: thanks zetty! actually decorate dah lama dah buat. Cuma tak tinggal permanently je..

Fina: Byk2 benda, underwear je yg kau ingat yek..Homesick ye? I wonder whether I will encounter that. Bertuah punye bini, laki yg masak!

LindaMunshi said...

Such a bittersweet story...reminded me when DH decided that we should move out for good last year...I was crying my heart out non stop the packing of all our stuff...DH thought I was going mad...hehehe, yelah considering that we're only moving 10 minutes away from my mom's. Hehehe...must be hormones.

Unknown said...

yay!! its great moving into your own crib. the satisfaction of having it all to yourselves is absolute bliss (except for the cleaning of course). anyway, you can always do as i do - stay in your place for the week and bertandang at the parents' place the whole weekend and long holidays.
good luck in setting up the Home.
need help? me available at all times..

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Me too agree with you Ija. We have to stay by ourself. Try to manage our own family. I moved out since my second week of marriage. But not that far... (Kuantan dengan Pekan tak jauh mana). We need privacy and have to be fair enough to both families, right? Apa susah... weekend bawak Ashraff pegi umah your parents... awal2 memang susah for them... nanti dah biasa oklah tu...

rafiqaheliza said...

onde2: I agree with you on the masak thing. It's a great satisfaction being able to serve your own-cooked food to your family walaupun tak sesedap mana..Privacy tu ada tapi sket je..ada maid maaa..

Sarah's mummy: hahaha..that's funny. I felt like crying too when we left the house..

Izreen: I will be doing the same thg too. Bertandang umah parent bila weekend. Not fair for them. They've been taking care of Ashraff solely (w/out helper) for the first 9 months..

Intan: I'm sure it takes time for them to adjust. And I have some adjustment to make..Ada sket2 rasa homesick ni..hehehe..

zan said...

believe it or not, after 5 yrs of marriage, our weekends will be at both parents' places. i can still remember the look at my mother's face the day when we left her, she was very very sad, with teary eye..uwaaa...

so, have lotsa fun at your new home. Can cook with baby suit hahaha...

rafiqaheliza said...

Zan: After 5 years ah? Guess ours pun! But my mother hinted that she'll kidnap Ashraff when we are at work. She used exactly the same word..'kidnap'. So, there might be someday that we'll end up having dinner at their place after work...

kaezrin said...

oh dear...our time will come soon too..in my case I am itching to move x br2 sbb now im living with inlaws..it has been great I have no cpmplaint at all, but well as u said, its the evolution time kot la..

rafiqaheliza said...

Kaezrin: Thanks for dropping by. Living with in-laws? I salute you, man..But, it's better if we can live at our own house as that's when ur hubby-wife relationship are put to the test..