Friday, December 28, 2007

Dari "Bungalow" Ke "Teres"

Inilah padahnya kalau sesorang itu berpindah dari ruang yang lebih besar kepada ruang yang lebih kecik...dia tak tahu mana nak sumbat barang dia yang banyak tu!

Inilah yang terjadi pada diriku sekarang ini...

As you know, today will my last day working in my beloved room. The landlord i.e the Bank has decided to rent it out to other person. So from a room with 6 doors built-in cabinet, I'm left with merely a cubicle, which is already packed with lots and lots of files. Now I don't know where to put two boxes full of my personal files, which mainly contains of modules and handouts I received from all the trainings and courses that I attended to before. Sayang nak buang, as you might not know when you'll need them again. Plus bahan ilmu tidak elok untuk dibuang begitu sahaja. Like the souvenirs and all the decorative items, I think I have to put it in another box and bawak balik rumah. Memenuhkan stor Mak yang memang sedia ada penuh.

Oh, if you think I'm down-graded, nope I'm not. I'm still the executive cabuk kat ini Bank. Cumanya my former branch is treated differently. We were given a room each, kononnya nak compensate the heavy workloads and responsibilities yang ada.

Now that I'm moving to a new branch, kenalah tinggalkan priviledge yang ada. Cumanya after working here for the past 2 years, I've accumulated quite a lot of things. Personal files i.e. my insurance, housing loan, bills2, receipts, tax files yang dulunya di simpan di rumah semuanya di bawa ke office. Sebabnya kat rumah Mak takde space nak letak barang-barang camni. Tendency nak hilang tu lebih besar. So now, that I'm moving to a narrower space, kenalah angkut balik barang-barang ini semula ke rumah. Ishk...

Now, I really can't wait to pindah rumah so I could arrange this personal files just like I did in my office. Very the organized.

Oh, by the way, I've had a discussion with the person who I'm going to replace in the new department. Yup, I'm handling drama loans. Deal with lots of drama producers. So before you scream with joy, let me tell you one thing, producers are not celebrities. Their names might not be famous in public. But of course, some producers are artistes themselves...but they are not the easiest creature to deal with. Gosh! But hey, I've got the opportunity to see them shoot, so if I want to mingle with celebrities also can...:)

Another thing that worries me is the secrecy act. Of course, we bankers are bounded by this act i.e. we could not disclose client's info to other people. Hmmm...I've been thinking this will be hard thing to follow. It would not be interesting if I told my Hubby "Company xxx ni tak bayar hutang 6 bulan!" Hubby mesti akan buat muka "so what!" dia.

But it'll be damn interesting kalau I told him "Suh@n Mov1ies tak bayar 6 bulan. Kitaorang nak sue company tu, lepas tu owner dia menangis depan I!" Hahaha...It's so interesting you really have the urge to share the story with someone else! Ishk..ni yang payah ni. But being the banker me, I'll try not to tell stories. Kalau bapak auditor i.e. Bank Negara tahu, mati beb. Hilang soru tiap bulan nanti...
And don't come and ask me "Hey Rafiqah, ada gossip panas tak sekarang ni?" the next time you see me...
(By the way, that producer I mentioned above is a good paymaster..so don't go around telling people in public that we are sueing them. Itu sebagai contoh saja).

Another interesting thing is a friend just told me ...

"Apa lagi Rafiqah..now is the time for you to market your C.M.O.G products to this showbiz people...Mana tau diaorang nak buat launching filem ke, you bolehlah provide chocolate wrapper you as door gift!"

Erk! Sorry babe, seriously when I deal with a client, I'm strictly a banker. I memang tak tahu nak sambil menyelam minum air ni. I guess I'm afraid that my life will be at stake should I try to market my part-time biz with my Bank's client. None of my clients even the corporate ones who have annual dinner every year knows that I have side biz. But hey, who knows kan...Kalau ada rezeki that'll be a good opportunity for me to explore..emm..emm...

10 comments:

Nana said...

ah yes.. i know what you mean by pindah rumah tu. right after giving birth my whole dept kena pindah floors. dulu dapat bilik besar, although sharing tapi besarrr.. now duduk cubicle jugak like you. sangat sempit!

eiseais said...

congrats on ur move (not as bad as you thought it would be kan?)

masa i moved last time, i threw everything away except for some training materials. tu sebab i know i wouldnt be doing anymore corporate finance work.

dengar crita i'm moving as well. but not sure how that would go yet. scary also...macam first day of school kan?

Kaklong Syikin said...

salam,

err..senang ke nak lalu lalang tu? ngan barang2 banyaknya

tahniah atas besday parti anak tu :).suka tgk muka anak2 yg hepi.

Jungle Playland said...

we have clients who are producers. nanti if they want loan i suruh dia org g jumpa you k..

i until now suruh ambik i berlakon..tapi dia org taknak.. i nie tak laku kot jadi heroin..muahahah!!!

Wan Amira said...

C.M.O.G nak bagi tau client.. better dont even though peluang nak dapat macam cerah since ur products adalah sangat kreatif.. hehe. someone just asked me for my client's detail nak buat insurance.. tak berani la kan.. anyway good luck and happy new year..!!

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Tahniah! Memang macam best je job scope tu. BTW, macam saya jugak... barang kat opis ni byk sgt. Kalau ke move out nanti sampai berkotak2 macam nak pindah umah jek.

Eh, ur new house kat mana?

Mummy Rizq said...

oo..oo..bestnya..(part yg jumpa producer tu). ada harapan jadi pelakon pembantu tak? hee.. hee..

Unknown said...

rafiqah: Happy new year...new year new house...new budget...ohh mann u have to remind me about the increase in patrol and toll pricess....damn...

mommamia said...

Happy new year Raf!fuhh abis i katam baca sume entry u hihi-wah mmg u boleh jadik sumber berita panass utk wartawan2,isk kalau i jd u pun komfem gatal mulut nak bercerita,haha dasar kepohchi i ni,nasib baik ada law act,so boleh la buat sumbat mulut drpd bercerita hihi-i like all the pics masa b'day party tu,no wonder semua yg dtg ckp meriah n best,mmg pun!

rafiqaheliza said...

Nana: tulah, i'm still adjusting. Skang ni brg i masih menumpang di dept lama.

eiseai: u r moving as well? Penat betul pindah randah ni. Yup, training materials is a must-keep item. Yang lain, ke tong sampah!

kaklong: Sempit kak! Bersepah yg tak tahan tu! Have to find time nak spring clean.

Dotty: Hahahaha...Good one! Oh yes, can if client u interested.

ibuemir: So far tak tergerak hati nak bagitau. I live in two worlds - one as banker, and one as amatuer businesswoman.

Fahida: New house will be somewhere very near to my parents' house. Tokleh jauh2. Nak beli tak rumah BSP tu?

mummyrizq: Me? Pelakon pembantu? Jadi pak pacak pun tak layak..hahaha..

Fina: Happy new year to you too! Wish u all the best this year!

Mommamia: Saya pun kepochi jugak! Tu yg susah tu...Psl bday tu, sayang u takde!