Friday, January 04, 2008

It's First Day of School!

Yesterday was Ashraff's first day of school. Was I emotional? Of course I am! Seeing him wearing a unifrom is totally unbelievable. I can't believe I am a mother of a schooling kid. Okay, probably a lil bit exaggerating as he is only in kindergarten, but hey..every mother will feel the same way as I do.

By 7.30 am, he was wide awake. I guess he was excited as well. Had his milk. I had to warn him that he'll not be getting any milk until the school is over, so he better finishes up his milk. Ashraff is a heavy milk drinker, so I'm a tad worry that he could not focus well should he does not get his dose of milk from 8am to 12pm. However, I believe he should be fine. It takes a lil bit of adjustment, initially.


Anyway, the day went out well. Ashraff suits the new environment well, as expected. He didn't even look back at me the moment he has entered the classroom. By the way, Ashraff's class consists of 13 students - 6 boys, 7 girls. A well-mixed class - Chinese, Indian and Malay (and one African kid). By right, I could just leave him since he's doing fine. But the mother in me really wants to have a glimpse of what he's doing in class. So there I was with few other mothers, peeping in the window to see what's going on. Of course, there are few kids who are crying, but Ashraff has been talking to the teacher. Asking the teacher 1001 questions, and him being him, just could not sit still at one spot. At about 9.30, I left the school.

The first two days (yesterday and today) are the orientation days for the kids, just to let them settle in. So the day just ends at 11 am instead of 12 pm. Yesterday, Ashraff was completely fatigue as I fetched him from school. Monyok sekali mamat tu! Balik rumah, tukar baju, drank 8oz of milk and terus tidur. Bangun tidur, dia cakap "Ashraff penatlah.." Erk! I was scared he refuse to go to school the next day. Alhamdulillah, he's still excited to go. He looked a lot more cheerful as the school ends.

Another thing that I noticed is Ashraff tahan from peeing at school. Balik rumah terus membuang. Erk! This is not good. The teacher did ask every now and then who wants to go to toilet, but Ashraff refused to go. Emmm...my plan is to have a chat with the teacher after one month if this thing prolongs.

Anyway, proper classes shall start next week. The school gives me a 8-week planner, so that I could keep track on what Ashraff learns in school. Thus, we parents could ask a more specific question instead of the general like "What do u learn in school?". Next week, they'll learn about boy and girl. Oh, I hope Ashraff knows how to differentiate between the two as he's still very much confused..and it does not help as he has a brother who is of the same gender..har, har, har.

Some pictures of Ashraff on his first day of school...



11 comments:

kaezrin said...

bravo lah ashraff!!

Wan Amira said...

looks like the mother is more excited than the son.. who dont rite!! ehi baru perasan, ashraff muke macam u:D

Anonymous said...

bestnya dia dah masuk skola! me still seeking the best kindy to send my son nanti. hahahahahaha (perpikiran jauh tu).

neway ashraff good luck in ur new world!

eiseais said...

ashraff...all the best in school. seronok auntie tengok ashraff all ready to go to school. siap ngan kasut england tu. ni ayah dia beli masa gi uk last year ke? auntie suka lah shoes tu...

we're still toilet training amir. tapi weird thing is that at school tak pakai diapers and tak pernah accident. but the teachers take them to the toilet every 15 minutes. pengsan mummy nak buat the same thing...hehehe...

tomorrow's my turn...new school for the boys. i'm so nervous...

Zaitul said...

ashraff look so ensem in his uniform...hehe.i can just imagine how nervous it was for u ek....hehe...bravo to both ashraff and his ibu :)

Anonymous said...

handsome betul ashraff... looks like blue & red are his colors afterall.. school uniform pon biru.. :)

bravo ashraff!! heheh tapi jangan lah tahan kencing lama².. bahaya lah boy!

rad aka mommyalif

Jungle Playland said...

i teringin laa pulak nak send Aidan to school.. but now he is too little.

Ashraff macam suka sgt gi school!

Juliah & Faridah said...

alaa..tak amik lagi gambar haariz gih skool.

smart betul ashraff pakai uniform. haariz masa mula2 menangis tak nak pakai uniform. Alhamdulillah. skang ni okay dah. siap kena pakai kasut putih (dulu tak kisah) .. & rambut pon dah pendek :P

Muna said...

hi there!
i tumpang excited looking at other mommies having the same excitement of sending their kids to school..me too with 3++ yr old son. my adam was pretty much well adjusted with the school environment since he had been through the playschool programme last year so it was good for him with first day of school at his new montessori. i like ashraff's school uniform's colour..unlike adam's, my husband said macam maid's uniform!hahahahaa!

p/s:i''m bumpy little baby and musing stay home mom's friend. hehe..

http://flickr.com/photos/adamfaizal

Anonymous said...

Hi Eliza,

I love you blog. Unfortunately writing is not my virtue, so I don't have my own.So I read others instead. And love yours. Anyway, I read your blog during your 'kindy hunting' last year.
Didn't keep track (tak terlarat...sibuk hujung tahun). Now, when I'm here again dia dah pergi sekolah. At last which kindy did you choose?

mommamia said...

wah!abg long ashraff dah pegi sekolah dah!they grow up so fastkan?ashraff is 4yrs old dis year rite?now 4yrs sumer dah masuk kindy,meaning irina's turn to go to school will b next year!ah komfem mommy yg emo!hihi