Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tick Tock...the clock is ticking

It's two days before the long holiday. I am excited and so looking forward to the trip...but at the same time I feel like stopping the time. Work is still piling on my desk (that's the reason I don't blog lately). And I don't know whether I could finish it before I went for a break.

But I need to finish it..or else I feel guilty for leaving the job for others to complete it. Hmmm...

At the same time, I just miss blogging. There is so much I want to blog about...and photos to upload.
Like what we've prepared so far for the trip.
Or the photos of Aliff climbing up the stairs.
Or even the case of country's worst accident...

Oh, about the last topic, I have to say it is such an unlucky event, especially to the victims and their families. As I read the news, I kept imagining myself in the situation. Most of the passengers (or is it all?) passed out the moment the great crash occurred. So, it's either they woke up still alive...or they woke up in a different world altogether....Ngeri!

I don't know...but I think our government focuses on lots of things pertaining to the case instead on zooming on the actual reason itself. They said that the bus company hired a bus driver who has "waran tangkap", "saman" and all that...I mean, for me, most drivers pernah kena saman - taxi drivers, bus drivers, car drivers, you and me maybe. This matter should not be emphasise that much.

Instead I think, we should focus on why the incident happened, work out from there, and implement a new system maybe.

The driver might have doze off, considering there's no brake mark on the road.
So, kenapa boleh driver tu tertidur?
Big possibility he didn't have enough rest.
And why is that?
Few reasons...I'm not sure on this one but I think the drivers are paid according to the bus trips they made in a month. Due to this reason, there is a great tendency that they push themselves hard to drive and drive and drive..and make as much trip as they can to ensure that they are food on the table.
Or the boss might have instructed them to work because there is no one else to drive the damn bus.

Let say if it's number one. Then the government must impose a ruling that the drivers are paid on a fixed income basis. Tapikan, fikir-fikir balik, the drivers then might take their own sweet time to drive the bus. Or maybe this is the reason why this policy is not implemented in the first place...

Or if it's number two, then something needs to be address here. Sometimes a small bus company could not afford to hire lots of drivers, so they tend to use the same driver over and over again, regardless of the driver's condition. A small bus company also do not have the capital to maintain their buses regularly. Working in a bank, I noticed there seems to be a LOT of bus companies going to the same destination. Kalau nak gi selatan, sampai lima enam bus company. Nak ke utara, lagi lima enam company. Why don't they just merge these bus companies and make it into bigger and reliable bus companies? Companies that has tight procedures and policies to conform to with properly maintained buses?

I mean, this are just my personal opinion...an opinion from a humble citizen like me, who may be looking at one direction only...and not on a "helicopter" view like top people do.

Of course at the end of the day, kalau nak jadi, jadi jugak. It's not that if you take a reliable bus company, it 100% ensures that you'll reach your destination in one piece. I mean, some people dalam tidur pun boleh meninggal...and some people pulak jatuh from tingkat 6 pun tak tentu mati lagi. After all, ajal maut di tangan Allah. Hanya Dia yang berhak menentukan...

Oh, this really makes my day. Hilang rindu pada blog. Cumanya I don't have time to blog hop, pal..Bila free sikit, I singgah your blog, ok?

7 comments:

emly2175 said...

too many bus accidents lately.. Makes it frightening to take a bus to travel ...I pity those people who has no other mode of transportation apart from bus ... mcm ni insuran premium pun naik la..

Nana said...

hey.. dah nak pegi holiday dah?? have fun!!!

Mommy at Home said...

off on holiday soon? have fun ya!

mommamia said...

what u said are all making sense,betul jugak tu,kena tgk dr byk angle,hopefully takde lg incident ngeri mcmni berlaku-eh nak cuti2 australia dah?so u'll not be around at dotty's party ke nnti?

Amy said...

Pegi OZ ek? Bestnya..enjoy your jalan-jalan..take lots of pictures ok?

Zaitul said...

bestnyer org tu mau g vacation....have fun n take lots of pictures ok....especialy the two lil' tots...hehehe...

Wan Amira said...

selamat bercuti!!

speaking of the accident, i might say it is very sad to see the authorities taking action after the accident happen.. and this is not the first time