Monday, August 06, 2007

How long have you become a parent?

I told Hubby one day that no matter how many children we have, the eldest child’s birthday is always special. Why? Because it is a sign of how long we have become a parent.

In our case, yesterday (Sunday) marks our third anniversary as parents. 3 years of parenting…and I still got lots more to learn.

Our Ashraff turns 3 on 5th August 2007. 3 years have passed, but I still remember every single detail of the day Ashraff was born. The arrangement in the labour room, the TV show that was shown at that time, how the nurse who attended me looks like, how I refused to have any pain killer, but later surrender to having pethidine, how long I was in the labour room (9 hours - 5 hours in labour and 4 hours of constant monitoring after the labour coz I had a heavy bleeding), the look on Ashraff's face the very first time I hold him in my arms, how clueless I was in breastfeeding Ashraff for the first time...ahhh...a long list of that significant event in my life.

Time really flies. Now, that boy of mine is already 3 years old. I can’t believe that he’s a big boy already. He is as charming and cheeky as ever. A joker in the house that make us all laugh with the unexpected things that came out from his mouth. But of course, this joker could also be the one that makes my darah bugis goes upstairs. I’ve been reading and re-reading the book “Cool Mum, Super Dad” few times in hope that I’ll be able to apply some of the advices given in my daily parenting life.

And this year, unlike the past 2 years, Ashraff knows the meaning of birthday. He was so happy the moment he opened his eyes in the morning, and found me laying besides him singing birthday song.

And for the whole day of yesterday, he has been singing to himself “Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to Ashraff, Happy Birthday to You”. Perfect pronunciation with perfect tune. We were not aware that he knows how to sing that song until he actually sang it. He must have learnt from all the birthday parties that he attended too.

This year is also special coz this time around Ashraff has school friends and teacher that he can share this special day with. So, as mentioned in my earlier post, we celebrated his 3rd birthday at his school.

The cake-cutting ceremony was held during the 15-mins snack time. Ms. Van was kind enough to let us have the simple occasion for Ashraff. Ashraff’s eyes lighted up the moment he saw the Spiderman cake we bought for him.

The birthday boy, dressed in the personalized t-shirt I made for him, was extremely excited when Ms Van, Citra (the assistant) and all his friends sang birthday song for him. And this year Ashraff could blew his candle perfectly (just one shot), of course, with the help of few of his also excited friends.


Tok Abah, Tok Mak, Bibik and Aliff also tagged along as they want to witness that very special occasion. I also made chocolate wrappers for Ashraff’s friends and teacher and I let Ashraff gave it to all his friends. He hesitated every time he handed the chocs though coz he wants the all of them to himself. Ahh, the possesive Ashraff!

Tengoklah muka tak puashati Ashraff...hehe...


It was a short and simple event, but all in all, I am thrilled that Ashraff got to enjoy this moment. Oh, I got to meet the very preggy Mommy Nael for the first time. She brought along some chocolates for Ashraff. Thanks a lot!

To Ashraff, the past 3 years has been the most wonderful and rewarding time of our life. You were the one who teaches me the meaning of responsibility and patience. Having you, I learnt to become a motivator, a teacher, a singer, a story-teller, a negotiator, a handy man…and lots of other different roles that I have to switch from day to day. It’s tiring but I never regretted any of it. I just hope it’ll never end. Happy 3rd Birthday, my son! Hope you have a good year ahead…

Love, Ibu.


****************************

Oh, oh, people. We managed to pick a name for CMOG's giveaway. Pls check my other blog to see whether your name is choosen...

14 comments:

Jungle Playland said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Ashraff!!!
Congratulation to you for being a wonderful mother for 3 years already...
i agree with you it is a process being a mother, everyday we will learn something new

Unknown said...

3 years...dah besarnya anak kau....compared to alex...rasa cam kecikk je lagi kan...

rafiqaheliza said...

aidan's mom: ..and everyday these kids never fail to amuse me. Ada je new things that we need to learn...

fina: yup fina, dah besar. Aku tgk dia kat sekolah semalam, rasa cam nak nangis pun ada sbb cam tak percaya dia dah independent like that. Emo sekejap. Alex pejam celik besar jugak. Now, almost one whatt...

Mummy Rizq said...

absolutely rite! rizq is gonna be 3 this october. cant wait for the day.. he's everything to us, no matter what!

mommamia said...

happy b'day ashraff!i pun plan next year nak buat b'day irina kt nursery sbb dia dah pandai appreciate and enjoy the b'day moment-having own kids really teach us a lot of thing kan,i pun kdg2 fikir tak sangka yg i boleh handle a lot of challenge things bila deal ng budak2,patience-wise maksimum!bravo to us mommies!

eiseais said...

happy 3rd birthday ashraff. dah big boy dah dia (erk...sedih jugak kan?). nanti ibu bawak ashraff jalan2, ashraff jgn notty ye?

p/s is that how the chocolate wrapper will turn out like. uwaaa...so the lawa!! jgn ckp ashraff, kalau i pun, takmo kasik orang...hehehe

Nana said...

happy belated birthday ashraff!!
and happy 3rd year parenting to you and fitri. :)

MAMAMIA said...

Selamat Hari Jadi Ashraff!! Semoga Panjang Umur.

Akak dah jadi mama for more than 13 years, & still learning. Everyday & every kid there's always something new to learn.

I'm interested in the chocolate wrapper...

rafiqaheliza said...

mummyrizq: Oh, rizq is 2004 baby jugak ye? Oh yes, they r everythg to us.

mommamia: I tak sangka I boleh tolerate with tido terganggu almost every nite. Kalau ikutkan masa xde anak dulu, bom emletup pun payah nak jaga..hahaha...

eiseai: To aunty eiseai, ashraff kalau ada citer best2 dalam flight, pastu boleh tengok toys, I won't be notty -ashraff-

Psst, haaa that's the choc wrapper. Will make sure asyraf got a nicer one.

Nana: Thanks aunty Nana. Ibu tu dah 3 tahun pun banyak yg tak tahu lagi *wink to Ibu* -ashraff-

Mamamia: 13 years?! And still learning? I would have guess...we never stop learning..after sometime, kita kena learn jadi nenek pulak:)
Choc wrapper? Oh sure, can email me for further info...

cikdah said...

you hantar anak u kat mana yer? nursery or kindergarten? coz i'm planning nak hantar aisyah starting next yr.. and still tak tau lagi nak hantar mana..

I pun masa yg first almost 9 hrs dlm labour rm.. :( and i took pethidine too.. ehehe.. and manage with gas till the end.. sempat tidoo sejam lagi tu lepas amik pethidine.. eheheh.. after wake up baruu terasaaa sakittnyee.. nasib baiklahh dgn yg 2nd it took only 45 minutes in labor room. Alhamdulillah..

Wan Amira said...

happy birthday Ashraff.. no matter what has we gone through in the past, the best thing is to become a mummy for such the lovely kids.. lagi best kalau tengok derang besar depan mate..

rafiqaheliza said...

cikdah: I sent Ashraff to Lorna Whiston, but most prob this is going to be our last term. Dah tak larat nak bayar coz now we have to pay our housing loan instalment.

45 mins only for your 2nd one? That's fast! Kira tak seriklah nak beranak lagi? hehe..

Wan faziatul: Thanks for dropping by. Tulah, lagi best kalau dapat be with them all the time. But, what to do, kena carik makan jugak...Do u have a blog or somethg? I checked your profile but couldn't find the link..

Anonymous said...

happy 3rd birthday ashraf !!
ibu very creative and i'm sume ashraf had a lot of fun :)

nael pun satu kelas dengan ashraf ke ?

rafiqaheliza said...

LD : Thanks a lot, dear! Oh tak, Nael tak satu kelas ngan Ashraff but I met Zan coz dia ada beli personalized newspaper for Nael..