Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm stuck in the office!

It's weekend, but I'm stuck in my office.

We were forced to attend a 2-day course held on Saturday and Sunday. It was supposed to be done in Bukit Tinggi, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to do it at Level 26 in the same good old office building instead.

Now, what am I doing here blogging instead?

First, the whole course has a bunch of boring topics.
Secondly, it is not related to any of my job.
Thirdly, the handout given are a jumbled up.
Fourthly, the sound system is crap. Orang duduk belakang tak boleh dengar so they start having their own conversation. Macam pasar!
Fifthly, there are too many attendees cramped up in a small training hall sampai nak bukak handout pun tak boleh.
Need I say more?

Oh, you get my point on why I leave the course and choose to blog, right?

Despite that, I managed to drag my feet to be in the office eventhough it's weekend. Why? Because attendance is compulsory. So what I did was to come, signed the attendance sheet, and during the first break, took my pen and notebook, and chiow!

But I don't think going back home is appropriate..that's a bit too drastic.
Instead, I chose to sit at my work station..and surf the Net, blogging, bloghopping.
Jahatkan?

Well, I'm not the type yang curi tulang macam ni...but if the course is so not related to my job, I feel like I'm just wasting my time. Actually, if it's not related but you could still gain knowledge, that wouldn't be such a waste of time, but if you can't hear a thing the speaker is saying, then that is definitely wasting my precious time! My family time, for God's sake!

I'm not the only "mengular" employee here. Let me see, on the floor itself, I can see..emmm...1, 2, 3,4,5...errr like 6 people excluding me...hehe...

Enough of the topic.

Now, Monday and Tuesday, I'm taking a leave.

On Monday, I've planned made for Ashraff. In the morning, I'm going to send him to his first LittleKhalifah's playgroup. The playgroup is to be held twice a week, and each session lasted for 1 1/2 hours. One month cost us only RM100.00, way cheaper than the current playgroup that we sent Ashraff too. Since it's going to be on Monday and Thursday morn, and I'm working, we shall be paying for the transportation as well which is like additional RM20.00. The owner of the centre will fetch Ashraff at our house.

But for the first session, I'll send him to the center. Our plan is basically to stop the Sunday playgroup that Ashraff attended at LOrnaWh1ston. Reason being, it's too expensive! Now that we are going to start paying for our new house, we can no longer afford to pay Ashraff's fees. I know it's bad planning and budgetting...Despite that, we still think LW is good if you can afford it.

So on this new playgroup, from the conversation I had with the owner, they will have activities like swimming, horse riding and trip to supermarket, just to let the children learn in a fun way. Oh, I'm so excited! It also teaches children Islamic value...which is not available at LW. As for English (as we both are very concern on English), I believe Ashraff can learn to master the language by watching good educational CDs.

For example, this new CD I bought for him. It's called Adventures with GOGO (something like that!), suitable for children age 3 to 9. The series are not highly publisize like BabyEinstein for e.g., but I found it's really good to teach children simple English sentences. I mean I saw significant improvement in Ashraff. In this series, the character will say a clear and repetitious English sentences, for instance, a character will ask Gogo "What's your name?" and then Gogo will answer "My name's Gogo". Then Gogo will counter-ask "What's your name?"..then the character will answer "My name is Jenny." Then Jenny will ask "How are you?"...Gogo will answer "I'm fine, thank you". Later they will sing a song using the same sentences, over and over again.

In one CD, you'll have like about 7 topics. Like in the CD I bought Ashraff, it has the following topics:-
What's you name?
What's his name?
What colour is this?
Is this your mother?
etc..(can't really recall..hehe..)

So now I can see that Ashraff knows how to ask questions in full English sentence, like the other day he asked me "What colour is this?" while pointing to his jammies...I asked him back because I know he knows and he just want to test me. He answered "It's red and blue". No longer he answered "Red dengan blue" macam dulu...

And now he knows how to answer "I'm fine, thank you" when his teacher asked him "How are you?". Although he got confused with "How old are you?". If you ask him this, he'll answer "I'm fine, thank you"...hehehe. And now dia lagi pandai. Whenever you ask him "how old are you?" or "how are you?", he'll answer "I'm fine, thank you. 3 years old". Belasah bagi dua2 answer! Hahaha...

Now, back to my plan for the 2-days leave.

Actually on Tuesday, I don't have specific plan. Maybe siapkan few newspaper orders and then that's it. The rest of the day, I nak main-main dengan the two boys. Maybe bring them for a walk or something. Lazing around...Just to compensate the time I lost for not being with them during the weekend. And maybe to give my body a rest after having to come to the office like 7 days a week...

Oh, oh, I not only update this blog. I've also updated my next door window. I've posted an entry on how to make personalized T-Shirt...and also to introduce our new product which is Personalized Printed Ribbon. You might need it for that special occassion, who knows? Just check it out, alright?!

10 comments:

MAMAMIA said...

Suka dgn Ashraff's "2 in 1" answer. Masa kerja dulu, selalu kena buat kerja yg bukan dlm akak punya job description. Geram...

nae said...

Ohh...i could just imagined...the ever boring training/seminar/course. Thank God I'm outta that

Enjoy your day off.

Anonymous said...

halu,

based on my personal experience with litte hero no 1, the best method to teach them english/bm is to speak with them on daily basis. thats what i do with little hero no 1 and alhamdullilah he can speaks bilingual language now. his english is better than bm but his bm is slowly catching up.

the new playgroup activity sounds cool. i sendiri pun rasa very interesting.

:)

eiseais said...

interested in little khalifah playgroup pulak. ish i ni...semua pun interested, but no time, as usual.

i love the "i'm fine thank you. 3 years old" answer. terlampau lah cute nya.

office on weekends. god...i hate that! hubby kerja saturdays pun i dah mengamuk :(

Jungle Playland said...

Hahah! usually office seminars are quite boring. No one will blame you for not attending it.

Wow so many things to do....
Anyway enjoy your 2 days off...
Will reply to ur email soon before i go back to KT...

Nana said...

oh cuti lagi! bessnya.. (mcm la i tengah tak cuti kan?) with regards to Ashraff learning English tu, CDs will definitely help. Aliah learn English from PHD channel though. Itu je channel yg kitorang bagi dia tengok pon.

Anonymous said...

hi Ija, lama tak singgah sini.

tht LittleKhalifah playgroup sounds interesting la. tp ada ke branch kat area2 sini eh?
ada website diorang tak?

Ashraff now pick up very fast eh?
(siap bg 2 answers in 1 lagi)
soooo cute!

Wan Amira said...

boleh i tau details of the cd? quite interested :D

rafiqaheliza said...

mamamia: I rasa ada something like "you have to do any task as instructed by superior" in a job description. That's the usual 'escape clause' should there be any one who contested their JDs. Benci!

nae: U ain't working full time? Bestnye! Bilalah I nak jadi macam u...

LD: 100% agree with your method! That's the best. But tulah, the daycarer which is atoks and bibik speak to him in full bm..and we all pun not 100% english jugak. So, he has to depend on other way to catch the language. But he's catching up. Now he can use most words interchangeably.

rafiqaheliza said...

eiseai: I dah dapat your email. Nanti i reply ye..
Oh ye, I plan to post an entry bout the playgroup. Bz sgt skang ni, so maybe later...saturday is not a productive day to work, seriously. Am glad that the banking industry decided to adopt the 5-day work system.

aidan's mom: enjoy your trip to KT!

nana: *sob, sob* the cheapskate us tak subscribe PHD...pathetic kan? That's why kena invest in CDs..Kalau tak, nanti dia belasah tgk ceria je..

ery: Dia pick-up fast macam ibu dia..hehehe *perasan*. Pls keep coming back here sebab I plan nak post an entry about the playgrp..

ibu emir : you can get the VCD at most CD's shops (bukan yg cetak rompak). I got mine from Speed. Just check it out! But I think Emir is a bit too small for it. It's suitable for age 3-9.