Thursday, June 28, 2007

30 years ago...

An sms from a good friend of mine, which I've just received this morning...

"30 years ago,you were born. Today, you are a successful business woman, wife and mom of two lovely boys. Cherish the moments you have now. Have a smashingly happy birthday, Rafiqah dearie!"

Yup, today is my 30th birthday!! Like 3-0! Am I the 3 series already?!

Yup, yup.

Except for the "successful business woman" part, the sms is so true...
I am grateful that at the age of 30, I am happily married to a man who loves and understands me (and also the first to wish me happy birthday, all the way from London).
And are blessed with two handsome boys, who teaches me the meaning of responsibility and patience.
And are secured with a permanent job which pays me salary without fail every end of the month.
And a good helper to help me taking care of the kids while I'm away making end meets.
And parents who never fails to support me in everything I do (and sings a loud "Happy Birthday" song to me this morning while I was having my breakfast).
And a mother-in-law who treats me just like her own daughter.
And good friends who are there for me, giving me shoulder to cry on whenever I need it.
And cyber-friends whom I've never met but leaves me comments and visited my blog every now and then.
And a good health.

I couldn't ask for more (except maybe for a greater increment and a good bonus at the end of the year...hehe).

Although I may say, it gives me this teenie weenie creep when I woke up and realised that I'm no longer in my 20s and that no "3" is a sign that I am older. But it is also a sign of maturity. It's a signal for me to change myself from bad to good, from good to even better. So, there goes "Age is just a number".

Happy 30th Birthday to myself. Hope I have a good year ahead....

Ok, terkeluar sikit dari topik asal but tak lari jauhlah...
Everytime birthday ni, I selalu terasa yang I'm older than my hubby. Like I'm already 30, but he's still 29. He was born in September, like 3 months younger than me.

And talking about the 3 months gap ni, Ashraff was born in August so dalam surat beranak dia tulis "Umur Ibu semasa lahir = 27 tahun, Umur Ayah semasa lahir = 26 tahun". Hangin tau!
So, from then on, we all kena make sure that no more babies to be born in between 28th June and 15th September. That's why Aliff was born in November. "Umur Ibu semasa lahir = 29thn, Umur Ayah = 29 thn". Kan sedap sikit bunyinya...hehehe...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday akak.. hehehe.. best baca blog akak.. update la slalu ek.. nak nak pasal 2 org power rangers akak tuh..
neway, mak ayah saya pun sama kes cam akak la.. at least akak dgn husband akak beza bulan jer.. mak ayah saya beza setahun... huhuhu.
apapun, moga murah rezki and bila nak dapat girl2 lak?

eiseais said...

happy birthday "adik". welcome to the 30s. weird decade to be in...not young anymore to say, i donno, not too old to say, i know...

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR!!

YES! WE SHOULD BE PROUD TO BE 3-0 with 2 beautiful kids and responsible hubbies ... AMIN ...

Let's celebrate!!!!!!!!!

Nana said...

happy birthday ija! hope you have a good one. this year would be one turning point for us eh? hehe..

ala.. at least u have a work around for the surat beranak. for me, try la camne pon.. mmg tak bole punya.. as Hubby was born a year and 2 months later than me.

p/s: fitri balik dari london tu sure bawak balik pressies best2 kan?

Anonymous said...

hi IJA,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
officially turns 30 yeah?

i'll follow ur suit one month from now. hehe..

kaezrin said...

heyy happy birthday darlingggg

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Happy bday to you... Ija.
Welcome to the club as I already 3-0 on last 26 April. Same as you lah Ija, my hubby pun beza bulan dengan I... bukan sikit tau! 8 bulan lagi... (I April, dia December). Ibarat kata, I dah nak berlari, dia baru jek tengok dunia!

Btw, by the age of 3-0 at least u hv 2 heroes around u... kan seronok tu!!!

P/s: Hubby terchenta bagi present apa ek?

Zaitul said...

hey...happy birthday dear blogger friend...

may all ur wishes come true n many2 happiness for u n ur family....

Zetty said...

happy birthday bebeh!

rafiqaheliza said...

aisha: thanks dear. nak dapat girl ye? soalan tu advance sgt. U shld ask bila nak pregnant lagi? hihi...

eiseai: thanks 'akak'. 30 is just nice..not too young, not too old. But I bet bila dah 40 pun i ckp mcm ni jugak..hehe..

jasmin: Yup, I'm grateful to be blessed with good family. There r many unlucky ones out there...

nana: heh? U lagi older than your hubby ke? But u slamat, coz u r kecik molek. So for ever tak nampak tua:) I'm so looking 4wd to peep inside fitri's santa claus sack.

rafiqaheliza said...

ery: Thanks! Happy 'advance' 30th bday to you too..

kaezrin: thank you, dear. U belum lagi kan?

Fahida : Happy Belated 30th Bday to you too! Oh, kalau camtu u kena deliver anak early in the year - Jan, Feb, Mac and early April would be nice *wink*. Hubby terchenta kata nak bagi hadiah dari London:)

Ibuhaziq : Thanks a lot. Hubby i masuk2 keje dulu ada jugak tercari2 muka ala2 ibuhaziq (based on your photo on the blog) tapi tak jumpa:(

Zetty : Oh thanks beb.

mommamia said...

Happy belated b'day raf dearie,dah masuk 30's club!takpe next year i join you huhu!funny la part last tu!boleh pulak age u n hubby lain2 pdhal gap 3bln jer,takde ke maknanya kan?wish u all the best in life fren

Zaitul said...

hehe...i pun ada la jugak tgk2 based from the photo in your blog gak la but to no avail...he's in london skang kan...waa...best bangat... :)

Amy said...

Happy belated birthday dear..sorry terlambat wish, baru baca. Funny la story pasal umur ibu dan ayah untuk surat beranak tu.. tak kira la, selalunya ibu yg maintain awet muda kan? kan? :D

MDR said...

Happy Birthday Rafiqah! The 30's seem so mysterious looming up ahead..but when u actually cross over into the phase, u realize it's a wonderful stage in life, indeed! Here's to many more birthdays! :-D

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday, many happy returns!

Anonymous said...

Happy BestDay Dear...
Panjang umur murah rezeki Happy selalu..

Juliah & Faridah said...

baru masuk 30? kita lama dah..ekkeke..
selamat maju ke umur 30an. tua je bunyik nye eh?
Anyway.. Happy Belated B'day.
Hero dua org tu bagi apa kat ibu? :)

Shue said...

Ija! Happy 30th Birthday!! wohoo! dah masuk 3 series.. all the best in whatever you pursue. Jolly good year ahead!

Emy Mariaty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rafiqaheliza said...

mommamia: Thanks. Ha'ah, depa take into account umur mak bapak masa budak tu lahir. Tu yg jadik gitu.

ibuhaziq: he's back in the office today. still haven't recover from jet-lag.

amy: oh yes, cuba utk maintain muda. at least kalau rupa tak muda pun, hati mau muda..:)

Marina: Oh, thanks a lot for your wish. I guess 30s are that "just nice" stage, not to old, and not too young either. A combination of both:)

mommyalif & muaz:thanks a lot, dear!

Haariz's mom: Peliklah. 29 tak rasa tua. Bila 30 terus dgr macam tua. Abang hero nyanyi lagu Hepi Bday utk Ibu dia...Cute!

shue: Thanks, thanks. Bila mau karaoke?