Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Notes between Mother-and-Son

A note from Ashraff to Ibu:-

Ibu,

I may not know how to sleep on my own.

I may be demanding in some areas.

I may cause you and Ayah a lot of headaches.

I may make cau
se your 'blood go upstairs' most of the times.

I may not be a perfect son to you and Ayah.

But I can really draw.
And I love to draw.

Please enjoy my masterpiece.




You know, I did this all by myself, without any help from you, or Ayah, or any adults.


I wanted to sell my art piece for RMXX amount of money, but you told me you want to keep it as a momento. A priceless keepsake, you said.

So Ibu, do you think I qualify to become the next Leonardo Da Vinci?
But, on one exception though…
Don’t ask me to use paint and glues.
There are so yucky!
I hate them.
I only work well with pens, pencils and crayons…and nothing more.


You know I got extra praise from Mrs. ArchbOld in class last week when I happened to draw something similar to this. I overheard her telling you that what I did was exceptionally incredible coz kids my age could only scribble and some are in the process of learning how to hold a pen correctly.

Are you proud of me Ibu?

Yours truly,
Ashraff.

A reply note from Ibu:-

My dearest Ashraff,

Of course I am so proud of you! In fact, I almost cried when your teacher showed me your piece of drawing last week. She was so impressed with your art work.


Ashraff, you really can draw.

Well, at least that is one area where you can sit down and really concentrate on doing, instead of jumping and running around.
I know you hate working with paint..so finger painting is not an option here. I won’t force you to do it.

Hey Ashraff, do you know that I caught you, following the outline of the ‘Ultraman’s Head’ drawn by Tok Mak with your pen few times. And once you master the shape of the ‘head’, you tried drawing it on your own. And you got a perfect looking shape just like the one Tok Mak did, and than you add your own version of ‘Ultraman’s eyes’. Simply fantastic! I praised you there and then, coz I’m so proud of you…

And I’m also pleased that you do not show your flair of arts by creating murals at the wall. You tend to search for paper everytime you feel the urge to draw. That is so dear of you.

Please continue drawing coz I love to see your piece of arts, no matter how they turn
out to be. In arts, there is no right and wrong…

If that answers your question, yes, you can be the next Leornardo Da Vinci.

Love,
Ibu.

****************************

A note from Aliff to Ibu:-

Hi Ibu!

Sorry for the prolonged delay in writing you this note. I have trouble copying and pasting my latest photo on this note. Now that I managed to do it, so here goes.

Last 2nd of April, I turned 5 months old. Big boy already huh Ibu?

I’ll make sure you remember to make a posting everytime I turned one month older and don’t forget to put the photo as well. You know why? Because I don’t want to end up like Abang Ashraff’s photos. You lost all the soft-copies of Abang’s photos when he was a baby. How sad!

You are fortunate, though, since you got it all printed out before the incident happened. But then, you did not label according to the date the photo was taken. So when you developed the photo in one shot, the dates taken are all jumbled up. Thus, when you have a look at the album, you can’t actually determine what age Abang Ashraff was at the time the photo was taken. Pretty sad, I know.

I don’t want that to happen again. So, if you do not make a posting on me, I’ll make sure I send you this note so you won’t forget. You tend to be forgetful lately, Ibu.

Anyway, here is a photo of me on the day I turned 5 mo:-



I weight 7.8 kilos now. My weight increases but on a declining rate, just like what happened to Abang Ashraff last time. But not to worry Ibu. As long as you feed me well, I should be okay. Plus I’ll start on solid next month, so that will ensure I thrive well.

Okay, some of my developments. I prefer to jump on my two feets rather than roll-over. I no longer need to be swaddled to sleep. In fact, I hate it now. Please let me free so I could roll over on your bed as much as I want too.



I know I bumped into you at night, and disturbed you from your peaceful sleep. I think it’s about time you put me in the crib instead of co-sleep on your bed. Furthermore, I think Abang Ashraff actually outgrows his crib. Thus, it should be passed down to me.
Invest in a nice bed for Abang Ashraff. He’ll love it.

So Ibu, please don’t forget to record my development every month, and most importantly, include the photos as well…hehe..

Love, Aliff

A reply note from Ibu:-

Thanks for reminding me Aliff. I’ll make sure I do it every month. But should I forget, write a similar note like this. I really appreciate it.

Oh yeah Aliff, happy 5 mo son! You’re a big boy already.

I’ll take note of your notion to buy a new bed for Abg Ashraff. Will discuss it with Ayah. We need to act fast before you stumble off the bed (we experience it three times with Abg Ashraff!).

Love,
Ibu.

10 comments:

NZ said...

Wow. Ashraff can really draw. And he's only 3 yo. Wish my Zahra can draw too. At the moment, asyik conteng2. Hopefully she can draw like her baba.

And Aliff is so tembam and cute and dah 5 months. How time flies, cepat kan kids grow up.

Keep up the good work Ija and hang in there.

p/s: do u still bf aliff?

mommamia said...

Raf,i also shocked to see Ashraff's drawing!he scribbled very well!!ada bentuk kepala,mata wah!serious raf,i feel amazed with ashraff's progression!sbb umur ashraff dgn irina tak byk beza,about a few month kan..irina pun baru tau buat shape bulat,tu pun tak konsisten,so i tau capability utk anak2 range umur mcm diaorg,but i think ashraff is a bit advanced!besides attending school,i think gene pun mainkan peranan kan?:) and your baby aliff pun dah besar!lama tak tgk gmbr dia then shocked bila tgk dia besar camtu,comel tu and pipi tembam!geramm!ashraff still sleep inside the crib?dia tak nangis pulak nak kluar ye?irina umur sethn taknak dah,dia nak tido atas katil sbb dia tak puas nak guling2 kalau dlm crib-well,ashraff,i'm soo agree with ur ibu,u could be like leonardo da vinci version malaysia,keep up the good work son!

Nana said...

wow. memula tu kagum tengok drawing ashraff, pastu lagi kagum bila tgk he is still sleeping in his crib. heheh..

rafiqaheliza said...

nz: Hi! Just visited your blog just now and left my comment. Zahra still small kan? How old is she? Different kids progress differently. Ashraff kalau soft skills mcm bukak pintu, bukak baju, bukak kasut (segala mcm bukak) smpi skang taktau..hihi..
Aliff tembam lagi ke? Dah nampak leherlah sket..hihi..yup, i'm still bfeeding aliff..exclusively...

mommamia: Like I said above, different kids progress differently. So Irina will get there in no time, insyaAllah. I pun cam nak terbeliak mata bila one day he showed me his version of octopus. Real babe, siap ada tangan banyak2. He must have inherited the skills from his grandparent sebab nak harapkan i and hubby, mmg keras-tangan..hahaha..
Psl crib tu, dia dah terbiasa kot. Plus dia tido tak lasak so crib bleh accommodate..dia lasak bila tak tido je..hehe..

rafiqaheliza said...

Nana: hahahaha...crib dia quite big actually. Skang susah nak carik crib besar camtu. It was passed down from generations (ceh! takdelah, it's actually hands-me-down from my cousin). So, Ashraff comfy dalam tu. Plus dia tido tak lasak (suprise, suprise) so crib oklah. But tak lama lagi, kaki dia akan terbengkok dalam tu, so I better start looking for a bed, or just bagi dia tido atas tilam je...

eiseais said...

wowwww...pandai nya ashraf!! the muka is very distinguishable. amir punya semua bulat or line je. tukar colour more often than actually drawing.

alah ashraff, tido lah tempat lain. sian adik aliff. kasik lah dia tido kat dlm cot tu.

aliff ni...sexy nya kaki dia yg berketak2 tu :) geram auntie tengok

Hot Mama said...

Happy 5 months Aliff! I just love those letters..so sweet and cute!

Juliah & Faridah said...

ye lah, pandai tul ashraff lukis. Haariz pon tak seterer tu.

aliff lak, gebunye...

muat lagi ashraff tido la crib dia ye? kalau haariz, rasanye duk tergolek dah..lasak sgt. tu yg duk tido atas lantai lagi ha.. takut tegolek :)

Anonymous said...

Wahh Ashraff dah terror lukis ultraman ler...very the talented lah! keep up u'r good work dear.
Raf Aliff dah big boy...muka dia cam budak besaq dah hehehe..muka fitri lak kot.

rafiqaheliza said...

eiseai: Amir tgh experience different colours tu. Sleeping arrangement tu mmg nak kena tukar, sebelum Aliff jatuh katil. Oh, kaki Aliff banyak muscle..hehe..

Hotmama: Sebenarnya I'm hoping that one day I can exchange notes with my kids, like for real gitu!

Haariz's mom: Mamat tu mmg suka draw. I kena brush up my skills, before he can challenge me. Skang ni pun dia dah pandai buat statement "Ibu tak pandai draw lah.." Bengang je...Ashraff kalau tido atas tilam (or any borderless place) mmg lasak, but since he's confined by the borders, taklah lasak sgt.

Muaz: Hi Muaz! Aliff mmg photocopy bapak dia. Sebijik!