Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bits and Pieces of My Life

On Aliff:-


Aliff has turned 4-month old last Friday, which also marked my achievement to exclusively breastfeed him for 4 months *pat on my shoulder*. We have not bring Aliff for his 4 month check-up as yet, thus we can't tell his current weight (but I'm sure he has thrive well judging from his chubby cheeks). He seldomed roll-over, as he usually got tired after two or three tries. Am still waiting for him to actually master this skill and do it more often. Even Abang Ashraff couldn't wait as he kept on saying "Ok Aliff, tiarap!".

This 4-month old chap also still loves to be swaddled to sleep. Failing to do so, will make him a restless sleeper, or worse still, couldn't get an shut-eye altogether. This is an extreme contrast with his brother who doesn't want to be swaddled from Day One. Another glaring contrast (apart from personality difference) is Aliff loves to put his hand on his mouth, and now that he can somewhat master the skill of grabbing things within his reach, he'll put those things inside his mouth as well. Mak then made an assumption that Aliff will become 'pengutip' once he hits the creepy crawler stage. Ayooo...lagi penat nak monitor ini macam...

He hasn't start on his solid as yet. We intend to delay the weaning stage until he reaches 6 mo, unless he shows the sign of readiness before that.


Some pictures of 4-mo Aliff and his brother.

On Sling:-


I'm now officially a sling-wearer. Actually my maid opened up my eyes to the concept of sling, when the only thing that can soothe Aliff when he was having colic was by using sling. Aliff tends to fall asleep by breastfeeding him in motion. Thus, sling is my saviour. Aliff loves the sling very much, and from the look of it, he probably views the sling as his second home by now. Plus point of wearing sling is I can do my shopping while breastfeeding Aliff. And I got two free hands to handle the superbly energetic Ashraff. Memang best dan menyeronokkan! Now, am waiting for a baby pouch I bought online. Unlike sling, this pouch is basically ring-less, and claimed to be easier to wear. Will see about that.


Me, in my best 'sling' mode

On Books:-

Right after Ashraff's class at Lorn@Whist0n (he's doing great at school!), we went straight ahead to MPH Warehouse Clearance Sale in PJ. Damage done to our pocket is RM200++. No wait! I can't really classify that as 'damage', am I right? Spending money on books is a valuable investment after all (should the book is read and not left to collect dust on the rack..a reminder to myself *LOL, while imagining the number of unread/unfinished books at home*). Here's what I bought during the sale:-


For Moi - 2 Sophie Kensella's Shopaholic series and 1 Thai Cookbook.
For Hubby - 1 DanBrown's.
For the two boys - loads of books including Barney, Dr. Seuss and Ice Age books for Ashraff and Boardbooks for Aliff.

Kalau ikutkan hati, memang nak spend lagi 2-3 jam kat situ sebab I memang gila tengok buku yang banyak...and very cheap too. But mengenangkan hubby yang tunggu dalam kereta (sebab Ashraff tidur) and berat nak angkat buku banyak2, so belilah apa yang termampu...Did u get the chance to go to this clearance sale?

Looks like I'm going nowhere with this post (more of like descriptions of photos I have in store *LOL*), so I better sign-off now before I start rambling again. Opps, one last one, can you guess who am I?


9 comments:

Unknown said...

aliff memang sangat bulat kan????

eiseais said...

dont forget to put up a pix of the pouch. ni yg local punya tu kan? i think i came accross the website. i wanted to buy for asyraf, but didnt cos we still had the baby carrier that amir detested.

rafiqaheliza said...

Fina: So far pipi dia masih 'blooming'...

Eiseai: Got it yday. Intend to blog about it once I got an expert to take my pic with the sling. Hubby outstation:(

kaezrin said...

darling..u look so fit and cool in that sling...

mommamia said...

haha!comelnya pic yg lastu,raf,kat mana beli baju ni?nak belikan utk irina skali la!and you look slim!tak nmpk mommy yg dah beranak dua pun!maintain jer ni ha!aaa ni yg jealous ni!:)

rafiqaheliza said...

Kaezrin: I'm like that, kurus when breastfeeding, and naik once I reduce bfeed..bila stop completely, terus bloated! *LOL*

Mommamia: Itu baju beli masa pegi KualaTganu hari tu. Dalam RM20 je. Ashraff mmg kalau bleh hari2 nak pakai. Haii..takkan Irina nak pki baju batman kot...Oh, thanx for the compliment *blush*. U pun apa kurangnya...

Shue said...

Huhu! cutenya your boys!

rafiqaheliza said...

Shue: Thanks chah..itu jelah penenang hati bila tgh stress...

Cherry said...

my kids also have that batman suit along with superman and spiderman suit. beli kat pasar malam, harga dalam 20-25 sepasang.
the gendong looks cool. i got a few design of gendong, open end, close end, padded, half padded ... eehhhh macam-macam koleksi ku. may be i should blog abt my gendong collection one day.