Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A new place...A new life..

Just got my internet connection today..and the first thing I want to do is BLOGGING!!

Well, I am now blogging from my new workstation at Level 11, Menara Bank Pembangunan. I reached the buiding at 7.50 a.m. yesterday, full of anxiety. Too worried till I could not find the entrance to the building! Actually, the ground floor of the building is under major renovation so they have to close the main entrance. And I lost my way to the alternative entrance! Just could not think straight. Thank God one Bank Pembangunan person is willing to lead me.

As I entered the building, I saw lots of familiar faces and I could feel that I am at ease. Nothing to worry Rafiqah!

Unlike BITMB where we have to clock-in at our designated floor, we only have to do it at Ground Floor, which is fair for everyone. Once I've swipe my access card, I entered my new office. Since it was rather early in the morning, the office was rather empty. Since there was a lot of empty cubicle, I had trouble finding mine. So, I asked a nice lady (the only person there at that time) and she showed me. My new workstation is rather shabby looking and way smaller than my good old cubicle. But I don't complaint much cause I know it is going to be temporary. By the end of this month, we are going to move to Ground Floor (the one that is currently renovated).

Then, I invited my new friend to have breakfast with me which she kindly turned down as she had hers already. So, here I am all alone, went to Level 10 to drink and there I met my ex-dept mate. Yippee!!

Sharp 8.30 a.m., I was back at my desk. What am I suppose to do? I do not have a phone and no access to PC network i.e. no email, no internet. I am doomed. But not for long..A kind man came and greeted me, and he asked me whether I was introduced to my Head. Since the answer is NO, he brought me and my collegue (from BITMB) to my boss' room. My boss was a tall man, probably in his 40s. An experienced man, I thought!

Then, he introduced me to the rest of my branch mate. On a whole, there's about 20 of us. Around 8 doing credit & marketing, 8 doing supervision, 3 doing Finance and 1 driver. One driver for one branch! Cool..Now, I don't have to rebut-rebut for a driver unlike before, where the whole Bank fought for the service of 3 pool drivers...aaahhh..a sigh of relief..

At around 10.30 a.m., we were called for a loan supervision section meeting, where my Boss, explained our target - Disbursement, Collection, Income and Follow-Up Report. My! That's a lot of job to be done! I'm geared up for the challenge.

Then, the rest of the day is all about reading policy (sampai berair2 mata sebab ngantuk) and then I visited my friends' dept. They have nicer partition I must say! It's ok Rafiqah, u'll get one soon..

Back at my office, we were treated with pisang goreng panas and flower-like popia. I was a bit shy-shy cat to join but they said there's no reason for me to be shy. In this branch, we are family, they said. We carry out our own activities like pot luck and family day. Different from HQ people. Wow! Impressive. They seem to have some kind of a branch spirit..and I am starting to fall in love with my new place and officemates!

Today, I was more suprised when my boss treated us for a free lunch at Pizza Hut. What?! I asked my new collegue, what was it all about..And they said, NONE! Boss likes to treat us every month. EVERY MONTH! Biar betul.. There goes my diet!

All in all, I guess it is not bad after all...I know that starting 1st Sept, I shall be loaded with lots of work...based on what my new collegues here have warned me. The manangement expects a lot from the branches as we are the main revenue center for the Bank. So, high expectation equals heavy workload. But if the working atmosphere is as friendly as it is now, I can be sure that I could tolerate such workload. For me, the most important is warm and happy working environment...This will motivate us to do our job well..and free lunch every month..That's a BONUS! Hehehe..

As at now, I'm so looking forward for public holiday tomorrow..Had enough of reading policies!!

9 comments:

Nana said...

glad to know things are looking good for you.

Unknown said...

keep up the happy spirits.. mana tahu life has bigger and better things in store for you.
ps - got pizza hut ah around that area?

rafiqaheliza said...

Thank u..thank u...

Izreen: Got but a bit far..It's at Chow Kit area..

Unknown said...

you geek you....datang awal kat office...heh...

famyGirl said...

baiknya boss belanja tiap-tiap bulan ;)

Anonymous said...

Bosses at branch memang suke belanja staff/customer. Tau-tau claim under entertainment ehehehe. But not all la.

Have fun!

shell said...

sometimes a change is refreshing.

zan said...

lots of new friends and a good boss too, what more can you ask :)

rafiqaheliza said...

Fina: Cehhh..have to larr..if not hubby will be late.

Famy: yeah haa..lucky me! but there goes my diet..

Rotidua : ha'ah ye? Maybelah kan..make full use of the budget given.

shell : change can be for the better or for worse. In this case, so far so good.

Zan : but not a good toilet..my previous building has superb toilet. But then, we can't have everythg. Just make do with what we have..