Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hijacking..

One fine day in the month of May, my office phone rang. From the ringing tone, i could tell it was an internal call..

"Hello Pn Rafiqah. I'm from Training Deparment. I just want to inform you that you are nominated for a course in Japan for two weeks. The course will be from 28th June to 16th July."

Wow! This is the first time in my 5 years service, I was offered the priviledge to attend an overseas course. It just took my breath away..Japan, the Land of the Rising Sun...hmmm..What do they have there? One thing for sure, they have the most advanced technie gadgets there..then they have Disneyland...then I know the people in Tokyo is fashion freak...BUT, I will have language difficulties, the food is non-halal (and I hate sushi!) and it is too pricey to shop. Oh whatever! It's a free holiday!

Opps, I'm still on the phone..

"Pn Rafiqah, we want to know your position as we want to get CEO's approval for the course"..

Sure! Anytime..

Then I waited, and waited..and NO news. What happened?

Then, one fine day, the news spread like CNN..The lady boss is to attend a course in Japan for two weeks!! What?? My heart broke into pieces. I know from then on the dream trip to Japan was merely..a dream. She, the lady boss, has 'HIJACKED' the course from me..As a boss, she has attended several overseas course, yet still find it insufficient and have the guts to steal away my precious free holiday. Selfish brat!

So life goes on..The whole thing was a blessing in disguise. Without Japan, I can witness Ashraff's first step, which I wouldn't want to trade for anythg!

Two months past..and one fine day in the middle of July, my phone rang..

"Pn Rafiqah, you are nominated for a two-week course in Istanbul, Turki. The course will start on 19th September. The best thing about this course is it's a half-day course, so you will have the evening to yourself.."

Turki..Europe! Relek..relek..don't get excited. Remember what happened last time? Yes I do.

But now, at this hour, my nomination to the course was approved by my CEO, training dept. has taken my passport details, I have received the flight schedule, and now waiting for the organiser in Turki to approve my attendance.

I can't really say that it is 100% guaranteed that I'll fly off to Turki as I know 'hijacking' can happen anytime, anywhere..Not until you have boarded the plane. Praying hard that it will go thru..At least, this time around, I'm going to a Muslim country..in Europe..aaahhhh...

4 comments:

famyGirl said...

woo hoooo!! bestnya!
ashraff ikut sekali tak?

zan said...

isn't it a pleasant surprise? half day course and the rest of the time is free n easy...gee..i wish i'm in your shoe.

so bawaklah anak n hubby sekali mesti syiok :)

shell said...

Rafiqah..

Yayy for you..
Jangan lupa shopping kat Bazzar..
alot of beautiful + historical places to visit..
Jangan lupa makan kebab dia.
heh.
i need a holiday...

rafiqaheliza said...

Fina: I don't care if I'm a bitch or what..it's Turkey!!

Famygirl: I'm contemplating to bring ashraff. That long hours in flight, i don't know whether I'll survive the trip with him..

Zan: Tulah pasal. Ample time to sightseeing..Hubby takde cuti sebab tempat kerja baru. But my mom is jumping up and down to follow me..

Shell: Been to turkey my friend? Kebab is a must! Heh, go and get urself a break..balik mesia ke..