Monday, February 20, 2006

After a long break...

Finally, I have regained the energy to write after a long break. As I mentioned before, my Bank is going thru another restructuring and even offered VSS this time around (but of very small quantum, so I'll pass on it).

Me, myself and I maintained in the same room, under the same boss and doing the same work. But two of my fellow KL branchmates, were transferred to Selangor Branch. They were good buddies so I seemed a lil bit sad. However, the good news is two of ex-department mates from Bank Industri i.e. this lady and this guy were transferred here. So, I am thrilled because I missed working with them and having them nearby to share stories and problems. Not that I can't share it with my new collegues here but I am comfortable with them since I know them longer. You know with merger (or takeover for that matter), there is still a virtual divider between the people from the two organizations. And I do not know how long it will take for that 'seperator' to vanish so that we could work as a team. But as at now, the thought of two of my mates are here leaves me motivated to go to work today!

*****************

My cousin, Tina Naeela has just given birth to adorable baby boy by the name AIMARR BIN RAIHAN on 18th February 2006 at good old Assunta Hospital. The name is pretty short, isn't it?! I asked Tina why he decided to give such a short name for his son. She mentioned that she got inspired by looking at Ashraff's single-word name. The shorter the better, she told me. She said she has gone through enough trouble carrying a long name - with UPU forms to fill up, loan form, examination paper etc. Tell me about it. I have a long name too! And that is exactly the reason why we chose a short name for our son, apart from having the priviledge to call him with his full name.

We could not take Aimarr's picture because he was put in an incubator (something to do with lung, the nurse told us) and we were not allowed to see him. Too bad...or else you would get a good view of newborn baby to enlighten your day.

6 comments:

Cherry said...

short and sweet name ... senang dan ringkas. i wanted to name my 4th son - Ali ... cute kan. u see my husband's family olredi got a "Wan" so cannot bypass - jadi Wan Ali - but cannot lah, got over rule . may be next one lah :)

rafiqaheliza said...

Ali is cute! So bila next one?! *wink* A girl perhaps..

Anonymous said...

ninuk, kalau Tu Tri?

I have to named my children Tengku, after their father. Wanted to name them 'Juh' saja, okay tak? he he he (marah bapak diaorg)

zan said...

hehe..i pun tak suka long names but hubby likes it, apa nak buat, kesian kat anak jerlah :P

Unknown said...

apa keje asyik restructuring jeeee bank ko ni?

rafiqaheliza said...

Roti2: Tengku Juh?!

Zan: Sape yg daftarkan nama anak wins biasanya...sape lagi kalau bukan the father...

Fina: Bank aku nama dia SME & Restructuring Bank Berhad...Tension makcik!