Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Spirit of Raya..

"I'm excited to Raya this year, not like previous years where Raya is just a normal annual event" said Hubby.

"Why?"

"It's because of Ashraff. He's a big boy now..."

Yeah. Me and hubby are a more excited this year to celebrate Raya. As compared to last year, where Ashraff is just a helpless little baby, this year he is so much bigger. He can wear Baju Melayu Johor..sedodon with Hubby..He can walk, so we bought him one brand new kasut raya. Actually, hubby bought the shoes. He bought him a Clark shoes..CLARK, I tell you..and it costs him almost RM100!! And I do not know how long it will last..2 months, 3 months..
Hubby, if u r reading this..me also want one for Raya!!

Ibu on the other hand is near to broke..Where did the money go? To Ashraff's serba baru clothing of course! Let me see what I bought for him:-
- 3 pairs of jeans
- 1 belt
- 2 pyjamas
- countless no of Tshirts and shorts
- 1 checked shirt
- few new socks
- 1 baju melayu (sewn by mom-in-law).

Can't wait to see this little lad dress-up for Raya..He is more presentable this time around..and Ibu and Ayah are a bit too excited:)

***************************************

It's almost a ritual for me to bake some Raya cookies..My usual cookies are:-
(i) Chocolate Chip
(ii) Cheese Fingers

Last year, I was unable to bake as Ashraff was so fragile and small (3 months plus) and I do not have any helper to help me look after Ashraff while Ayah did his terawih at the mosque. So, this year, I am determined to continue baking cookies..

So far, I've baked two cookies:-
(i) Crunchy Jumbles - a combination of rice cereals, chocolate chip and coarsely chopped walnuts.
(ii) Cream Cheese Spiral - Cheesy cookies with sweet fillings made from walnut, brown sugar and ground cinnamon.

I'm taking leave this Thursday to bake another cookie - my normal Famous Amos Chocolate Chip.

And on Saturday, my usual Cheese Fingers.

And for the rest of the family:-
- Mak is baking Abah all-time-favourite Sultanas cookies..
- Mak Pontian (my mom-in-law) is baking kuih bangkit, suji and tart nenas (with homemade pineaple jam..Pontian has abundance supply of pineapples!)
- My sis-in-law is making the usual cornflakes madu and chocolate rice cereal..

Then we have barter trade between the besans..giving us a table full of homemade cookies!! A Blessing..

******************************

Despite the high spirit of Raya, it is sad to see the bulan penuh keberkatan, Ramadhan passes..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

weiii man man la wei......byk baju ashraff....he will outgrow these clothes in no time....heheheh but have fun shopping lah...

rafiqaheliza said...

yeah, i really had fun shopping his baju raya..tahu2 poket dah kosong..haiyaaa..duit raya tak prepare lagi..looking forward for advance bonus!!

Nana said...

weh, how come we bake the same kuih raya every year one? hehehe... check out my previous posts!

zan said...

i know how you feel...shopping sakan for anak kesayangan :) so, is ashraff going to wear kopiah or songkok? mesti hensem si kenit nie heheh...me too can't wait to dress up my lil prince.

can share that cheese finger recipe? i love anything with cheese..yum yum

rafiqaheliza said...

Nana: yeah..i notice..but i can't comment on your blog now. They install a system in my computer and suddenly i have this pop-up blocker..which none of the IT people can solve..tension btol! But i'll sure read your blog..

Zan: Ashraff is not gonna wear any of that..he just hates anythg on his head!! Ntah kenapa ntah..dari kecik dah train..tetiba besar sket taknak..i'd love to put on his kopiah yg my aunty bought from Mekah..

cheese finger's recipe is at home..nanti jumaat i'll email, insyaAllah..

Nana said...

laa.. patutla dah lama u tak komen in my blog.