Monday, October 17, 2005

A live-in Maid


Life before and after having a live-in maid

Before
1. Responsible for all the house chores - do laundry, ironing, cleaning the house, fold and arrange the newly washed clothes in our little cupboard..oh, a long list of houseworks...
2. Make sure that Ashraff is bathed, nicely dressed, fed.
3. Forced to drop everything when I heard hubby said "Ashraff nak tido..Dia tak nak tidur ngan I.." There I was, spending my half and hour time (sometimes more), putting my fighting-with-eyes son to sleep, while my mind kept thinking of the half-washed dishes in the sink, or the clothes that need to be hang.
4. Rushed back to finish off the things that I've left when Ashraff is asleep. Thought of taking a nap once mission is accomplished! About to doze off, when I heard Ashraff's voice. He's awake! Darnnnn...
5. My only oh-so-caring helper that time is dearest Hubby. He'll help me in everything (except for ironing and folding clothes). He even help me to take care of Ashraff if he sees that I'm so tired. What a bliss!
6. Ashraff looked up for me for almost everything (except for the happening stuffs like kicking some balls) - to put him to sleep, to feed him with milk, to carry him..
6. Time management is critical.
7. No time for TV, magazines, books..and movies (cinemas)..With a hubby and a high-need baby to take care off, who has time for oneself?

After
1. Most houseworks like laundry, ironing, folding the clothes are Bibik's responsibilty. Cooking is still mine:)
2. I have more time to spend quality time with hubby and Ashraff.
3. I do not feel guilty to live Ashraff with mak and abah during weekends as I have Bibik to take care of him. Instead of having to ask my orang tua to cope with an active toddler.
4. I have time for myself now - reading, watching my favourite TV show, facial, hair treatment..name it!
5. I can see that Ashraff is getting closer with his Bibik. He does not looked up to me if he wants to sleep or to be carried..I can sense that my jealousy is building up..
6. No excuse of feeling tired..
7. I can feel that I'm starting to be dependent on her..I wonder if I'm able to resume my role of a bionic wife and mother if she's not around..
8. I am more relaxed in handling Ashraff's tantrums and fulfilling hubby's demand. Probably because I feel more energetic.

But one thing good about having a maid, me and hubby can go to the cinema to watch movie again without having to live our high-need toddler with mak and abah (like they care).
Yesterday, we watched movies together at TGV, KLCC after leaving the arena for 1 year plus! The last movie we had before yesterday was Shrek 2, when at that time I was heavily pregnant with Ashraff. We missed lots of good movies during the 1 year interval, some of which including Starwars (Episode 3)! Not to say that we feel bad about it, because the opportunity cost (economic terms for best alternative forgone when a particular action is taken) for not watching movies is extra time for our baby. But hey..for a movie-goers like us, we just HAVE TO...(are we bad parent or what?). So, the FLIGHTPLAN yesterday put an end to our long-awaited moment for a good movie...Have u watch that movie?

Next in line according to Hubby is GOAL! featuring famous football stars like David Beckham and Zidane..A must watch movie for football fans like us:)

8 comments:

Nana said...

Ija, i think you've got spammers on your comment box la.

btw, live in maids are a blessing! i know mine is. of course la kenkadang tu kena tutup sebelah mata je ngan her antics, but the pro defeats the con anyday!

rafiqaheliza said...

yelah, lots of spammers here..pening tgk!
Mmglah ada yg tak menepati standard kita, but as long as ashraff is happy with her, kira oklah..I like the fact that we can go to the movies again..yippee!

Nana said...

Ija, you could try to turn on the word verification. go here >> http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1203

Tgk movies yer? I yang dah lama ada maid ni pon baru pegi 1 movie je so far. Tu pon pasal dapat ticket free. Heheh..

Unknown said...

lerrrr movie freak rupanya....patut le spek tebal..hehehe..hubby ko mesti pakai lenses? ke he was born with super mega vision?

zan said...

we don't hv live in maid. As much as I wanted to have one, I guees we value more of our privacy than having another stranger in the house. But who knows that our priorities will change, then I'll know that having a helper might be a bliss to us afterall (kalau dpt yg bagus ler)

syiok lah dpt dating selalu ngan hubby ;)

rafiqaheliza said...

Nana: Baru skali? Haiyaaa, why like that..tapi i pun terasa sayang nak watch movies often sebab kesian ashraff..

Fina: we both hypocrites (sp?)..hide our "rabunness" behind contact lenses..

Zan: Oh yeah, we do not have privacy with another stranger in the house:( That's one thing that I miss..

Cherry said...

privacy with a live-in-maid can still be arranged. unless you want it 24X7 privacy tu celite lain le. if you've double storey hse then much easier. my bibik went off every other weekend to visit her relatives working as office cleaner nearby. so ok lah. manageable.

rafiqaheliza said...

sis ninuk, that's a good idea jugak to let her go every weekend..just as long as she can be trusted, i think no prob of letting her go..so we can have the time to ourselves..If i'm at my parent's house, oklah sebab besar..tapi my small condo tu, alahaiii...