Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It's a small world afterall..

"Yang, we were invited to attend a majlis pertunangan this Saturday. We have to mengiring the boy's side."

That happened last Saturday. The soon-to-be fiance (now fiance)was my hubby's schoolmate..while the soon-to-be fiancee (now fiancee) was my classmate. They got to know this when both of them received our wedding invitation card the last two years. And we were suprised when they came together for our wedding. I can still remember what the fiancee told me on my wedding day.."I cakap kat dia yang I ada wedding this Sunday kat Bukit Antarabangsa and and I want him to come too..and to my suprise, he also told me that he has one too at Bukit Antarabangsa. And it turned out to be the same, except I was invited by you while him from your hubby". What a small world!

During the engagement ceremony, I saw a familiar face. She looks like my MRSM mate (but someone who I've never talked too in MRSM), except she changes a lot from her MRSM days (which we found out during our 10th year reunion). She turned out to be the fiance's sister-in-law and her name confirmed that she was my MRSM mate. What a small world!

Then, while eating the scrumptious meal with my hubby's other classmates, I asked one of them (actually to confirm)on whether his wife is from MRSM or not. He said his wife studied in MRSM Kuala Berang last time. Since she came from the same batch, I told him that some of BB friends also joined MRSM Kuala Berang like Fina, Ebbe, Nurzaimah. And to my suprise, he responded that he knows Fina...Hei Fina, glamernye kau!. And another guy also said that he has met Fina before. He said he met this famous BB pal of mine at one hockey tournament - Pakistan vs Malaysia, I think. Since I know Fina is a hockey freak, I'm not suprised. But the funny part was when he mentioned this.."Bukan Fina tu tomboy ke? Jerit dan ketawa tak ingat punya masa tengok hoki tu!". Hahahaha...Then he added that he had a brief encounter with Fina after few years.."Alhamdulillah, dah berubah dah.." hahahaha...What a small world!

On that night, I can see how small our circle of friends are..She knows him, and her friend knows his friend..It is a small world after all..

To Syaril and Asmahani, may you have a smooth engagement journey..and have fun preparing for your wedding!

8 comments:

shell said...

msia is small..
sebab tuh malas nak balik.. :D
asma.. congrats jugak.. akhirnya.. hheheheh
:)

Nana said...

mmg it's a small world.
pusing2 kat situ jugak.
so who was the x-mrsm?

rafiqaheliza said...

shell: yeah lar..msia is small..ok apa, senang nak mengeratkan silaturrahim:D

nana: She's from class F..she wore short dress during our reunion..hei, hari tu baru the fiance bagitau..how come dah lupa ni..aiyaa..kena check majalah serilah, nana...me and my short memory lifespan..

Unknown said...

weiiiiii sapakahh gerangan orang itu yg terpandang aku kat pakistan malaysia nye hockey game??? ke dia silap pandang kot, minah paki ni dia ingat "Fina yang tomboy tu..."

Chehhh......konon besyukur la "Fina dah berubah"...sapakah mamat yang macam bagus itu?

rafiqaheliza said...

hahahaha Fina..kau glamer btol lah..unbelievable..not sure whether u remember him, but he definitely remembers you..His name is Rosman..by the way, the wife of hubby's schoolmate yg sekolah kat MRSM Kube tu is Farid..Faridah somethglah..

Nana said...

class F? kak jay ke zalina?

Unknown said...

ohhhh faridah...kenal le sangat aku tuh.....rasa penah jumpa kat laki dia, tunang dia la kot time tu, tak la senonoh sgt pun lelaki tu...khekhekheekhe

famyGirl said...

macam jejak kasih lak ya? hee hee