Tuesday, February 05, 2008

All work and no play....

...makes me a dull woman.

Ok. Let me see...

Option 1 : Ask for a transfer of department. (But to where?)
Option 2 : Tender resignation (But who’s going to pay my loan?)
Option 3 : Enrol in a stress management course (is this effective?)

I’m tired. Dead tired.

Work has been tremendously challenging in this new department. I work productively for full 8 hours, even beyond that. Everyday is an intense and highly stress moment. Everything URGENT. This one on my desk After about one month in this department, I ended up having headache almost everyday, towards evening. I think I better check my BP.

There was this one time where I actually broke down and cry. Could not take it any longer. It doesn’t help when all my female collegues are still single, thus, I could not share with them the situation I’m in. Me, a married woman with two kids, having to juggle between a demanding full-time job and an equally tough parenting task. I’m not sure whether I can be good at both when my mental and physical energy have been sucked out from my body system. Letihnya…

I wanted to blog about this misery long before today…just so that I could let go some of the boiling pressure I have inside. And as I am writing this, I feel like crying. Never for the entire 8 years working in this corporate world had I feel such burden. Partly because I devote more than half of my day doing something which I don’t quite like doing.

One thing for sure, I can’t let this thing from prolonging. It will effect my role as wife and mother…and it will definitely affect my health. Hmmm….what should I do?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh you poor thing.. maybe it would help if you could have a sit with the boss and talk things out? sometimes, it would help (esp if the boss re-distributes the portfolios around accourding to its respective weight). good luck honey!

Mummy Rizq said...

Let's go for a massage! Maybe a one day off for a good.. nice.. spa.

Before this I have the chance to work for a Dept which can pay me well. But I rejected it. Why??

Because I think I prefer working in a stress free Dept even with a lesser pay. We shud be enjoying life rather than crying about it.. betul tak??

And as for you, if you have the chance to transfer Dept, then go for it!

In the meantime.. be tough!

Nana said...

ala.. mesti tension kan.

from my experience, if the job dah jadi too taxing and is not enjoyable anymore.. it is time to move on.

hope you get to de-stress this CNY break.

take care! *hugs*

nae said...

Go take up kickboxing...good for destress :) Give yourself some time to readjust dear...then have a nice talk with your boss. All the best!

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Ija... bz tu bz jugak tapi jgn lupa jg kesihatan. nnt kalau jatuh sakit, susah plak.

btw, saya tertanya2... the last person yg buat keje tu... byknya meninggalkan keje yg xsiap... siap u ija...

Zetty said...

being a single pun ada gak the juggling factors beb :)

good luck!

eiseais said...

so sad to hear. i memang cannot bear work yang too stressful. i'd probably do the unthinkable and resign on the spot. then kelam kabut go look for new job.

hope you feel better soon. i miss emailing you about birthday favours. nobody layan me about those things like you...oh so sedih... :(

Juliah & Faridah said...

ija, ..
ye la, try talk to your boss.. (kalau dia yg jenis understanding)..maybe dia bleh re-distribute the job (eh, cam sama ngan izreen nye comment lak.

Alhamdulillah my boss okay. kalau banyak keje skit..i bising2, nanti dia bagi2 balik keje among us. lega nye.

take care. makin kurus awak tu nanti.

Unknown said...

babe...my best friend is single and not married, but we still can relate to each other..my advice is...open up to your colleagues and let them get to know you as you are, and not the working wife and mother role you play at home....they can be really loads of fun too...and probably can help you to destress..