Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Events in January, Blog in February

4 days holiday was a bliss. It gives me enough time to recuperate my energy, although I do wish it could be longer. So I hope no more depressing entry like my last one. It sounds pathetic when I re-read it today…haha. Anyway, here are some of my long past events which I think I ought to blog about it.

….About our new house

We took the keys to our house on 5th January 2007. We were both excited to see the house, eventhough it was entirely empty. Mak and Abah share the joy with us. And Ashraff too. He just loves the echoing sound of an empty house.




Now we are scratching our heads on how to finance the renovation cost. Our pockets are shallow, and renovation is costly. Even building kitchen cabinets costs a bomb. What are we thinking when we thought of hiring an ID consultant before? Now we have to ponder on decorating the house on our own. Not that we can’t do it. But we need some professional help in some areas…like colour coordination and decorative items. Any FOC advise here?:)

…About our 5th Anniversary

It’s on 17th January this year. I can’t believe it. We were married for half a decade! How time flies!


Usually for anniversary, we do not have the exchange of gifts ritual. That’s exclusively for birthdays only. Finding gifts for the same person twice a year is a lot of hassle…haha.
So for anniversary, we only dine out in some exclusive restaurant.

Except this year, I decided to celebrate it with our special 5th Anniversary cake. So I ordered Hubby’s all-time favourite cake – the yummylicious baked cheese cake – without Hubby’s knowledge. Hubby was happy and surprised to see the lovely cake.



We had a simple cake-cutting ceremony right after dinner (that explains why we didn't dress out properly).

Then only yesterday we both had the chance to dine out at LeMeridian's fine dining restaurant. The food is superb! Thanks to ChefAyie who made the meal extra special for both of us (and also great discount on the meal..haha).



I’m thankful that after 5 years of marriage we are blessed with two adorable boys and still a happy marriage life. Alhamdulillah.



That's it for now. I really want to blog about my two lil cherub, but I guess that'll take quite some time and I don't have extra left. Shall do in my next post. Till then, tata...

Added just a few seconds ago:-

"Thanks a lot for the positive comments for my last post. When I blogged about it, I feel partly relieve from my daily stressful life, but when I got the motivation and word of encouragement from my fellow bloggers, it really boost my energy! It makes me feel that my life doesn't suck big time like I used to think it was...Thanks, thanks!"

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy 5th anniversary
sekejap je eh...
your house begitu lawa sekali, ni dekat area bukit antarabangsa ke...lawa design rumah kat situ

house renovation mmg banyak pakai duit...but the investment is worth it every single penny of it...because at the end of the day it is for our own family comfort ye tak :) been there done that


now is the time to korek korek impiana collection and im sure numerous trip to IKEA :)

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Hi, this time n3 dh ceria smula. Bagus2. camtu lah. Kalau selalu sgt stress nnt cepat tua tau!! Keje selalu stress, jarang yg xstress. So, jgn layan sgt ek!

Wowww… cantiknya umah dia….! Nak beli satu!!! Kalau x keberatan, boleh gitau harga tak? Bukan apa, kita pun nk beli umah jugak this year... (dlm wishlist 2008). Tapi kalau xnk share kat sini do email me in pvt k…

Btw, happy 5th anniversary friend. Semoga lebih bahagia, lebih rezeki, lebih gembira, dan lebih segala2 yg baik utk ija n family… amin.

Zetty said...

check out this young ID genius:

http://nasik-lemak-umi.blogspot.com/

he might be able to give few pointers.

Nana said...

happy 5th anniversary ija!

yayy!! u dah tak stress dah.

and your house looks very cantek! walaupon still kosong lagi. hehe.. i'm a sucker for new houses, so mmg kalau ada rumah baru tu suka sangat tengok. :D

Mummy Rizq said...

happy 5th anniversary rafiqa.. may you both find a happy and wonderful life together..

mommy@lif said...

happy 5th anniversary!

semoga dirahmati Allah selalu!!

cantek rumah you.. kat area mana lah gaknya ya?

mommy@lif said...

btw i've sent an email to your gmail. check out the demo okie?

Jungle Playland said...

Hapy Anniversay!

Your house is so beautiful altho its empty pun dah lawa.. i love the design. 3 storey ker?

yes i agree with lazydaisy mesti numerous visit to ikea...

kaezrin said...

itulah izzit a 3 stroey or a 2 1/2..whereabout ??

happy 5th annivessary darling...

eiseais said...

happy anniversary!

i love the house...looks so spacious. and the stairs definately better than mine...

Zaitul said...

happy 5th anniversary dear...and many2 more to come..

eh...cantik la ur house...is this the Sering Ukays house i saw aritu on the back from ur party....??

nae said...

Happy Anniversary! And have fun decorating/furnishing the new house

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kira rumah tu hadiah anniversary lah kan. Cantikkk....

If you ask me, I suka browse thru Impiana, Anjung Seri etc etc.
Lagi satu I suka visit show hse for ideas

Leilanie said...

Happy 5th Anniversary and Happy moving to a new home.....

Yes, moving into a new home can be costly. We just moved into our home a year ago.... it drained us out like an unstoppable burst pipe.

Take time to hunt around for the best deal, but don't compromise on quality. And have in mind what theme you want for your home..... and go from there.... everything else will fall into place.

Good luck and happy shopping.

Amy said...

Happy 5th anniversary..kita kahwin sama tahun ek? 2003. But you with 2 kids, me plak takde lagi :(. Anyway, cantik siot rumah - besarnya! And I agree with Zetty, try la that young ID genius..

Wan Amira said...

Hapy 5th Anniversary! Ur house yang tak buat ape2 tu pun dah sangat lawa dan sanat cantik untuk dilihat.

tips i agree with lazydaisy - IKEA!!

rafiqaheliza said...

Lazydaisy: Ha'ah kat BA. I suka duduk berdekatan dengan ketiak mak..hehe. Oh yes, we have usha ikea even b4 the hse is fully completed!

Fahida: Nanti i email, ok? Nak carik time tu yg susah. Thanks for the wish!

Zetty : oh, thanks babe!

nana: I pun sama! Suka tgk showhouse, even long b4 i bought any house.

mummyrizq: Thanks dear!

mommyalif: Dekat ngan BA. Can't live far..Eh? Ada email ke? Nape tak dpt?

Dotty: It's 2 1/2 storey. Satisfied with the workmenship.

rafiqaheliza said...

Kaezrin: It's 2 1/2 storey. Somewhere dekat ngan Bukit Antarabangsa.

Eiseai: I'm worried about the stairs. The boys can easily climb it. Rasa macam nak cover with fibre glass.

Ibuhaziq: Correcto! It is:)

Nae: Thanks!

Butterflutter: Thanks dear! Sekarang ni tgh perabis duit beli all the ID's mag. Tapi still pening kepala. Tgk colour ni cantik, colour tu cantik. Semua cantik.

Leilanie: Oh thanks a million! We already have the concept..and now we are looking for quotation based on recommended contractors..and also at the same time furnitures...and soft furnishing..and paints. Eh, banyaklah!

Amy : It's okay you. My mom got me when she's almost married for 7 years. Lagi besar, lagi susah kemasnya:)

Ibu emir: Thanks. If only we can live on a very empty house like this? Ikea is a must!