Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My baby is now a toddler...

Hellew!

Anybody home?

It's been two weeks since my last entry. I just lost the appetite to blog, that's all. And I also lost the energy to blog hop. I'm sorry should I have not visited your blog lately. Will try to "qhatam" all your entries soon. Anyway, just as I was excited to blog, I found that I have problem uploading photos! Gee...so I waited and waited, until the problem rectifies, which is just few minutes ago!

Now here I am blogging excitedly...

Aliff has fully recovered from his chicken pox. It wasn't a severe case of chicken pox, so not that many scar on his face and body, alhamdulillah.

Talking about Aliff, my mushroom-haired boy is now 1!!! He turns 1 year old on 2nd November 2007!

12 months have passed, but I still remember clearly the day when he was born. He was born Khamis malam Jumaat (sama macam Ashraff) at 9.43 pm (Ashraff is at 9.47pm). It was a fairly easy delivery. The intense and unbearable pain lasted for like 2 hours, almost the same as Ashraff's. But this time around, I did not take any pain killer except for the gas. I want to take pethidine just like I did with Ashraff's, but doctor said it's too late. I was already dilated like 6 cm at that time. So, the whole 2 hours I've been clinging for the gas for life. The active labour (pushing part) was harder this time around. It took me about 5 pushes before Aliff was out, as opposed to just one hard push for Ashraff.


Anyway, that's 12 months ago. Today Aliff is an active and healthy boy. As I left for work last Friday morning, he was still fast asleep. And unfortunately, as I returned home, he was also sleeping. So, it took me almost whole day to wish him happy birthday.


But the wait is just worth it...


Let me jot down Aliff’s achievement and development as at todate, just for my own personal record:-

1. He can walk pretty steadily now. He has been walking since he turned 11 mo. I’m surprised he can walk before he turns 1, because his development was pretty slow initially like he only perfected roll-over skill when he was 4mo, he can only crawl when he was 7mo, sit independently when he was about 8mo. Sorry Aliff, Ibu must have underestimated you. Oh God! Now, I miss to see him crawl…just like I miss the days when Ashraff crawls…


2. Abang Ashraff could be his worst enemy. Aliff could expressed his anger with his face expression as well as body reaction when Abang Ashraff takes the stuff he’s holding. He can fight back now. He can protect his rights now; no longer give way to Abang Ashraff like before. I just watch when they are in conflict. Let them try to settle on their own. If things go out of hand, then I or Ayah will interfere. Oh, the dawn of sibling rivalry.

But, just any normal sibling relationship, Abang Ashraff is also his idol and his "bestest" friend. He loves to follow Abang Ashraff around, which Abang Ashraff will treat that as "main kejar-kejar". I find it pretty much amusing.



3. He lost quite a weight resulted from the chicken pox and a bad cough he had earlier. Pipi dia dah tak tembun cam dulu. He lost his appetite either because of the sickness, or he no longer finds bubur nasi mouth-watering. We now tend to give him nasi biasa with our own lauk. Haven’t brought him to his 1 yo jab yet so am not quite sure of the weight. But I think he weights around 8.5 kilos now. Is that normal? Should I be worried?

4. He understands instruction well like when we ask him to take a certain thing, he’ll do it. If we asked him to throw ball, he’ll do it. He can clap when we ask him to clap, blink his eyes when we say “blink-blink”, put both his hands on his ears, when we say “Allahu Akbar” and lie on the pillow when we say "sayang bantal".

"Sayang bantal...."


5. Unlike Ashraff who up till todate, could not follow where we point our finger to, Aliff could. I guess Ashraff is a bit abnormal when it comes to this. He can’t seem to focus. We have to say “look at our finger” and push his head so he’ll look at the direction where we are pointing our finger to. Kadang-kadang sampai sudah dia tak nampak, lepas tu tanya “Mana? Mana?”

6. Aliff is attached to me, which is different than Ashraff. Ashraff at this age prefers Bibik to me. I remember being so jealous of Bibik. But Aliff, eventhough is quite attached to my maid, he still prefers me when I’m around. I like the feeling, but at times he is “too attached” to me sampai I nak ke toilet pun susah. Yang tu kekadang buat I rimas dan agak meletihkan jugak.

7. Recently Aliff loves to wake up in the middle of the night to play. So far, twice already. He’ll play about 1 hour or so, and go back to sleep. I guess he must have got than from me, coz Abah said when I was about Aliff’s age, I used to play in the middle of the night as well. Oh gosh! I hope this will pass soon, coz I couldn’t bear not to get enough sleep at night.

8. Aliff could also utter a few words. Some of his words:-

Bebbit (Rabbit)
Baw (Ball)
Pitca (Picture)
Fis (Fish)
Nak (Hendak)

He is quite a chatterbox compared to Ashraff. Ashraff could not utter a single word at this age.

Aliff playing with his "Bebbit"

I’m so proud of both my boys, Ashraff and Aliff. Both have different personalities, but so far, their developments are healthy and normal. They are both apples of my eyes. Add colours to my life. The best time for me to really appreciate them, is when they are both fast asleep. They look so calm and innocent and I almost cry just by looking at them. I guess every parent shares the same feeling, right?!

Oh anyway, Ashraff got his Ultraman Nexus already. He brought the 20 RM1 bill to the cashier to pay his Nexus. Now, we all tengah pancing dia suruh let go of his diaper. Everytime he does his biz in the toilet, I’ll reward him with RM1. He is aiming for a Dark Faust, Nexus’s enemy. Actually he has been doing his biz in the toilet before, but after the chicken pox, mamat tu mengada-ngada taknak pergi toilet. Mati akal camana nak buat. So, we decided to implement the reward-based system coz it has been working well before. Alhamdulillah, berjaya jugak. I hope he’ll be diaper free soon, at least in the day…


"This is my reward for sleeping on my own. Not more patting on my bum bum"


TO ALIFF, HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY FROM AYAH, IBU AND ABANG ASHRAFF. MAY U GROW UP TO BE A GOOD BOY. WE LOVE YOU TO BITS, DEAR!

"Some people call me 'Cupcake'" - ALIFF-

9 comments:

Fahidayati Ramli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALIFF!!

Dah besar Aliff. Yes you are right Ija, bila tengok anak membesar rasa macam sayu je sebab dah banyak perkara yang dia penah buat dulu, dia dah tak buat lagi.

Sekarang ni Aysh pun dah jalan+lari, so, rindu masa dia crawl etc.

eiseais said...

aliff can walk *clap clap clap* auntie is very the jealous. but its ok, amir walked at 14 mths so i shouldnt push asyraf into walking just yet kan?

i love this entry, i just love reading about developements. every development is a milestone and a proud moment for us mummies kan?

to aliff...happy birthday, may you continue to grow healthily and happily. ckp kat ibu aliff, releks lah...its 2 weeks away. jgn panic :)

emly2175 said...

happy 1st birthday Aliff! how time flies kan! Kids grow so fast and suddenly we are aging too. Hopefully we can age gracefully ..
btw, my email add is emly.m@felda.net.my

Nomee said...

Emmm... bergenang lak air mata baca entry ni. Pandai you citer.... tak sabar la nak balik kerja jumpa Aiman.
BTW, happy to hear Aliff dah sembuh.

Nana said...

happy birthday aliff!! oh how fast time flies.. i remembered masa u came for aliah's birthday in jan, masa tu dia kecik lagi dari jannah.

kaezrin said...

wahh dah big boy lah aliff...

happy 1st birthday darling aliff...

Juliah & Faridah said...

Happy Birthday Aliff!!

rafiqaheliza said...

Thanks you Aunty Ida, Aunty Eiseai, Aunty Emly, Aunty Nomee, Aunty Nana, Aunty Kaezrin and Aunty Farid for your birthday wish! -Aliff-

Ida: Mmg rindu. The only thg we have now is their photos and memories.

Eiseai: I pun suka baca development of other kids in other mommies' blogs, esp yours lah, coz you ada boys just like me:) Rileklah mama, nanti asyraf jalanlah tu. Nanti dah jalan, tak larat nak kejar pulak...

Emly: Ageing? Oh NO! Thanks for your email add.

Nomee: Alamak, jgnlah ckp macam ni..I pulak yg bergenang airmata.

Nana: Yeahlah..so fast kan?! Now people is asking me "when's no 3?". Yang ni buat aku tension, ok..

Mami Dini said...

HAppy belated besday to Aliff and as for Dini she turns 3 last saturday... its a great wonder years watching our kids development...I wonder how dini will react towards adik when hes born.... may life going on smoothly with u and ur family... take care