Tuesday, November 27, 2007

2 weeks to go!

Erkk..it's two weeks to go and I still got loads to do and prepare. I'm in panic state now.

Let me see, what I have done so far...

Invites : print and will send by tomorrow. Mana yg tak sempat di hantar, there'll be an email version as invites. So, do email me so I could send u the invitation.

Favours : Half-way done. The adult's almost done. Tinggal packaging part. The children's, I am still waiting for the favours from the printing company that I engaged. I really hope it turns out alright. The infants yang belum lagi. Favours pun belum beli lagi. Erkkk..

Cake: checked.

Food: Main food, checked. Side dishes, not 100%. I leave this to Hubby. I don't think I can handle everything.

Balloons: checked.

Banner: Thot of ordering one, but looking at the price, terus tak jadi. So, plan to do our own. Bought the kain putih already. We'll see how. Worse comes to worse, no banner...hehe..

Activities: Don't think there is any. Perhaps some bubble time...or borrow some kiddie equipment from my friends so the kids can kill their time when they're there.

Photographer: Oh, this adds up to my misery last week. My initially hired photographer, who happens to be my friend, has to undergo an emergency operation scheduled on the same day as Ashraff & Aliff's bday. So, I had to find another photographer, and I was panicky as it's so last minute. Alhamdulillah, I managed to find one.

Sounds like a big do, isn't it? Nope, it isn't! So do not expect one..hehe. There's no mascot or entertainer or confetti. It's just a simple party, but because it's for two, me and hubby want it to be a bit grander than the very simple makan-makan we had before. That's all. I'm just hoping things go out the way we want it to be. And my utmost hope is for the boys (and the organizers) to be healthy and lively that day...And of course, the weather is fine. Hope, hope, pray, pray...

P.S : I got to know from a party planner that a couple paid RM6,000.00 just for balloon decorations for their son's 1st birthday party. Gosh...I can't believe people are willing to spend so much for a mere 1st birthday!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

trend maa..

Anonymous said...

I've started to plan for my childrens 3 in 1 party too. This year theme treasure hunt. 2 treasure hunts 1 for boy 1 for girl. So far I take care of everything myself my husband tolong pick up things only.

We r the home kind of ppl so never do outside eventhough we r wo helper at home.

eiseais said...

6000 for balloons? mine was 60 je...it'll pop anyway kan? i think the most i spend on was catering. itu pun i could have cut more if i cooked but i dont have the time or energy to cook. the next was the choc favours which we absolutely love. nasib baik the mummy favour didnt cost much. wasnt even $50 alhamdulillah...

people do tend to go overboard but i guess its not surprising because they are proud of their achievement and i read that the first birthday ni is more for parents than the child...which is true.

i suka butterflutter punya idea. i pun plan to make treasure hunt theme for amir's 7th birthday nanti (do i plan ahead or do i plan ahaed...hahaha)

all the best with your planning. nanti bila dah habis, sedih tau :(

Anonymous said...

My children loves treasure hunt. I love it because it incorperate reading, cooperating, follow instructions etc. For those who can't read you can use picture clues. I am so excited on Sarah&Hannah princess treasure hunt. I go simple on deco & food but more on activities.
Am I too excited. Still 3 mths away.

Mummy Rizq said...

alamak... seems klike nak buat the very grand party nie.. hee.. hee... anyway..jgn penat penat sgt tau. nanti anak anak enjoy berparty, mummy dah pengsan!

eiseais said...

butterflutter...i have the same thoughts. the clues and excitement of looking for things is what makes it special. yg best nya is u dont need to prepare favours beforehand because the treasure is the favour & they will share it among all the guests. and you're right...food and deco is secondary. beli kfc je pun takpe.

u 3 mths away, i ni still 4 years away pun dah excited lebih2 :)

p/s sorry rafiqah, ter-interprame your blog lak. bab party2 ni sungguh lah exciting :)

Zaitul said...

reading ur post ni makes me panic jap hehe...eventhough haziq's 1st birthday is next feb 08, i've already have some plan on my mind...huhu...you see...im bad at organising events....dh ada anak ni kena la blaja kan...i gotta really sit down and list things over...its not gonna be anything grand...cz im no where near to do such...waaaaaa....ok panic mode on.

ooo yeah btw....rm6k for balloons ha...im not sure i'd pay rm600 pun for balloons...wakakaka... :p

Nana said...

leks ija.. tak yah panik.. i think u're doing fine as is.

yg banner tu.. print out je pakai A4 paper pastu sambung2. bole jugak kan?

hopefully we tak termiss this birthday like ashraff's last party. hehehe..

Jungle Playland said...

Oh how i wish i hav dat 6k balløön(if sponsord). Masa wedding pun x sampai mcm 2. Huhu
since my last expy wth aidan bash i have startd planning 4 adnan's bday. The earlier da better takut x sempat mcm dulu Huhu

mommamia said...

aduhh..another b'day party yg i akan miss huhu,sory raf,tak dpt dtg,u pun mesti dah baca kt blog i kan-so i nak ambik kesempatan ni to wish happy b'day to aliff!(eh ashraff skali ya?tp mcm dah lps jer b'day dia,takpe la i wish utk ashraff jugak hihi)-sedih tak dpt jumpa ng u n the other mommy blogger,so raf,all the best with your preparation n i pray semuanya lancar n selamat,nnti upload gmbr byk2 kt sini ya

MAMAMIA said...

Akak enjoy the excitements involved in all the planning. bila time party, tengok the kids' happy faces.... My kids' bday parties, tak da lah all these banners & Rm6000 balloons, or even party flavours. A few times we hired magician/clown. Do U know with RM300 U can hire one? Yg ni,bukan kids aje terhibur, org tua2 pun enjoy.

Kaklong Syikin said...

salam,

sungguh saya kagum dgn parents yg spend duit utk buat besday party anak2 :D.

moga segalanya berjalan lancar. sis, jaga kesihatan ok, takut nanti time hari besor tu, tak sihat pula. sian kat you..org lain enjoy, u tak sihat.

zubye said...

Salam Rafiqa..
1st of all, thanks alots for having trust in me to capture ur sons's big day.. and most of all thanks for having 3 of US there.. i'm sure my boys enjoy every second of it.. (lucky me both of them pandai bawak diri..)My son mkan byk tau!! so do his dad ;-) me finally dpt taste the temptation of ur lasagne.. coz awal2 lagi i dah aim tu..
dont worry rafiqa.. the party went great indeed.. i saw it in everybody's face and they were so happy.. (nnt u tgk gambar then u'll know how happy they were.. esp kids..!) dont worry about the layanan.. coz when we organized something big like this memang la takde masa nak layan sorang2 kan.. and trust me they all understand.. :-)
yg paling menakjubkan i ialah the setting of the party.. very..clean, neat, nice and cantik!! I hope i do cover them all in the photos.. Last but not least.. i am truly sorry if ada yg i tak dapat nak cover.. esp ur family.. but i do hope i have photographed the beautiful of the party and pray that u will love it..
Thanks!