Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Updates about Moi.

Hellew!

When was the last time I update this blog? Last two weeks? And when was the last time I hop to your blog? Before going for our holiday?

Life has been very hectic here. Most clients are pushing for money before this coming Raya, so we were, of course, overloaded with disbursement proposals. But, I miss blogging..and I miss blog hopping, where I got all the juicy stories from my blogger's friends. And I don't stay back these days. 4.30 sharp dah cabut! And I don't do the write-up at home any more coz I'm busy doing something else with my notebook. Hmmm...I guess that explains a lot why I didn't blog these days.

But today, I'm determine to update the blog...curi office hour sikit-sikit...hehehe...Let see, I intend to write an update about the four of us - me, hubby and the boys.

On Moi
Like I say, I'm one of a hell busy employee, mommy and the same time a very amateur businesswoman, trying to get a small piece of the market share.

Despite that, I''m feeling refreshed (after my depressing last entry) due to the fact that all my loved ones are back in the house - hubby, mak and abah.

Fasting, so far, has been great except for this one fact...Milk supply really decreases! Pretty alarming. If let say one day I could get like 3 5oz bottles full of milk (or more), now I can only get 3-quarter of it, or in much worse days, I could only get half. But alhamdulillah, Aliff still get full breastmilk because I've managed to have some buffer stocks in the fridge after having abundant milk supply, right after the OZ trip. Then again, I don't know how long this will last. Not that I mind though. Taknak exert my energy so much pondering on this matter coz I have lots of other more important things in my mind now. Kalau tak cukup, I can just supplement him with formula. Done it before, so no harm in doing it again. Cuma Aliff hates the taste. So worse comes to worse, we mix breastmilk and formula together, and that works like wonder before.

Business, alhamdulillah, is picking up. I thought demand will fall this Ramadhan coz people are concentrating on Raya preparation rather than buying gifts. But tidak juga. I still got orders for gifts..and mostly for events after Raya.

At the same time, I have to allocate some time or the party planning, especially the designing part. Design of party invites, party favours etc. I feel like taking a one-month unpaid leave je so I could concentrate on biz and party planning. If only money is not an issue...

Lately also I've been thinking of becoming a lactation consultant. Hehehe..baru berjaya fully breastfeed, terus nak jadi consultant...hehehe...But yeah. This company does not have this kind of "fully breastfeeding" culture. Rata-rata semua campur bila dah start kerja. It seems like I'm the only one pumping in this one damn big building. But I've managed to start the culture here. Pregnant ladies in the office came and ask me if they saw me pumping in the surau. And a friend of mine managed to exlusively breastfeed just by talking to me. Few other friends and family members sms/call me when they are in confinement, just to ask about breastfeeding. Other male collegues sampai suruh isteri dia call me just to ask about breastfeeding. I'm not shy now to disclose to even my male collegues that I do pumping in the office (unlike before). My MIL, who is a lactation consultant herself, used me as an example when she gives one of her talks. It is a huge satisfaction for me when I manage to help others to successfully breastfeed. So this is where the idea to become a lactation consultant arises. Yet, it's just a thought. Belum ada planning apa-apa lagi. Still struggling to find some free time here...hehehe...

Guess that's about it. Lama jugak I curi masa office ni. Better start doing some work now. Will update about Hubby and the boys later in the next entry...

3 comments:

eiseais said...

hey...i pun tengah membuat updates. guess for puasa month, nothing much to write :)

u r one tough mummy. it helps with a lot of support, i think. for me, hubby dah ckp...once we get home, tak payah breastfeed dah. at most pun campur with formula.

feel a bit guilty but i think with 3 boys under 3, i serious tak larat and it would affect my milk supply.

Shue said...

Hello Ja!

Selamat Berpuasa..cepat2 update!

ummu_naqeebah said...

i pon teringin nak jadi lactation consultant tapi ntah bilanyer nak gi kursus. Kat sini x de le pulak dengo kursus tu. mm, may be i yang x betul2 cari. I pun sejak i fully bf, memnag kwn2 ramai dtg tanye cara2, even yg male pun. best kan? kita dpt encourage org. But i wish one day InsyaAllah, kita gi sesama la nanti ek!!