Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It wasn't easy this time around...

I felt sick all day. It wasn't as easy as the first time.

I am 7 weeks pregnant. I am happy and grateful to Allah for granting my prayers to conceive the second time. Just like what we have planned, a two-year age gap between our Ashraff and his baby brother/sister. Alhamdulillah.

It is too early to shout about and tell the whole world. But I just think I have to share the pain and worry I am going through...

The first ultrasound image of the gestational sac does not look good. According to the Obgyn at the maternity clinic that I visited, the sac looked unstable. A normal gestatinal sac should show a 'double sac sign'. Meaning which, there is a thick outline of white in colour surrounding the sac, which is black in colour.
Image hosting by Photobucket

This is how the normal sac looks like.

But mine, the line is vague. It was not as clear as Ashraff's. Doctor asked me few times (like as if she does not believe of my answer) whether I have any spotting and bleeding. My answer is 'No'. So far so good, alhamdulillah. What she told me next scares me to death. She told me only 15% of pregnant women is in this condition. 15%!!! Like out of 100, only 15 women shared the same experience! Yikes!!

I asked her the reason for this. She told me that my pregnancy hormone is low. Thus, the sac is unstable. So, she gave me this medication called 'Duphaston' which is very pricey indeed. RM3 for one tablet and I have to take 2 tablets a day. She gave me 20 tablets so all in all, it costed me RM60 for Duphaston alone, excluding the consultation and folic acid cost.

I don't mind the price, just as long as the feotus inside me grows normally. Hubby advised me not to worry that much. I tried not to think of it that much but as you sit alone (like sekarang ni), I kept thinking of the situation I am in. If only I have one ultrasound machine at home, I will do the scanning every day and see how it goes!

And I feel sad for not having to be able to carry Ashraff everytime he wants me to do it since the sac inside me is too fragile. There are times when Ashraff insisted me to carry and cuddle him, but all I am allowed to do is just to kneel down and hug him. Though he still jumped up and down wanting me to carry him, but I just can't. And I have to asked Hubby or my maid to do it. Ahhhh...I feel bad...

Now let me tell you the Duphaston effect. It was bad! I feel nausea and vomitting every single meal that I consumed. I do not like the taste of plain water. Every morning, I have to drag my feet to work. I am completely flat during last weekend. I could not accompany Hubby to Sogo and KLCC to search for his new backpack. I could not cook for the family. And here I am sitting in my office room, feeling dizzy after a round of throwing up, writing this entry.

It wasn't this bad with Ashraff. I am energetic. Pregnancy that time was great! My face glowed throughout the whole 40 weeks. I only suffered a mild 'night sickness' during the first trimester, and that's it!

Guess, it is totally different this time around. I have heard people saying that the first trimester effect is due to psychology...Hmmm...and some said it is due to age factor...Hmmm...And another said can be due to metabolism rate...Hmmm...I would say that it depends on your luck.

Whatever the effect might be, I just wish that everything goes out well for the baby and me. I hope in my next check-up which is due in two weeks time, I would be able to see the heartbeat of my unborn baby. I just hope that I could enjoy this pregnancy just like I did the first time...Please pray for us...

24 comments:

alan72 said...

Walk on by ;)

rafiqaheliza said...

Onde2: Oh thanks sis! Your wish almost brought my eyes to tears...I really need your support and prayers...Oh yes, my mom is the first to know (excluding hubby and me). I need her blessings the most...

Juliah & Faridah said...

congrats..! syok nye ashraf nak dpt adik :)
take good care of yourself. makan ubat. doa mintak yg terbaik untuk the baby & the mummy.

rafiqaheliza said...

Haariz'Mom: Eh! Macam familiar nama Haariz ni-:) Thanks for your wish...

Anonymous said...

Firstly, congratulation.
Secondly, don't worry too much
Lastly, take care of yourself. Orang kata each pregnancy is diff. let's pray everything will be as what it supposed to be soon.

Nana said...

Ija,

Congrats!! Bessnya Ashraff nak dapat adik! Anyway, take care of yourself and don't worry too much about it. Eh.. I take that back.. no one can stop you from worrying, but jangan sampai stressed out ok? Muahs!

Unknown said...

babe, take care, will pray for your and your well-being...

zan said...

congrats rafiqah...i'm so happy to hear that you're pregnant :) chill and take care of yourself and let God do his business, everything will be fine, insyallah.

famyGirl said...

woooo hooooo!!! congrats! the hard work paid off ya? ;)

Kalau dah rezeki Allah nak bagi, insyaAllah all will be okay. We will be praying for your health and Ashraff's adik :)

Either way, Allah knows best.

*hugs*

hmmm... Terasa lama tak tgk gambar fetus dlm ultrascan... (no, no, not yet!! kena tunggu aidiin besar dulu!)

Lazydaisy said...

congratulations sis
i am also expecting my second child due sometime in early august.
take good care of yourself :)

Anonymous said...

congrat ija..take care kay, dun worry, insyaallah everything gonna be fine..

Unknown said...

babe.. my prayers are with you. insyallah all will be fine.
as for me, my dr ada kasi double dose of Vit b12 to be taken with my duphaston masa bleeding sikit. somehow that minimised the nausea (morning sickness takde langsung, so far alhamdullillah!)take care of yourself ok?
muahs

Cherry said...

Congratulations. each pregnancy is different :) You might want to get 2nd opinion. Just to hv additional assurance.

Anonymous said...

hai ija!!!
Congrats....hope everything will be fine...

lin1177

kaezrin said...

congrates darling....

wah insya allah by the time 9 weeks nanti u shd be fine

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Congrats friend!!! Insya Allah you'll be fine (also your baby). Don't be too stress. Lets hope & pray for the best.

Harap2 kami akan dengar good news from you in two weeks time.

Anonymous said...

kakak..CONGRATS!!!!!!!
hope u n baby ok...

firewalls for blogdrive ker kakak....aiyooo...:(

visit my fotopages je laaa...
jasarina.fotopages.com

take care kakak

LindaMunshi said...

Congratulations on the happy news! You're gonna be a second time mommy now. Make sure to be well rested and don't over do stuff. Now's the time for loads of R&R (take it from someone so in need of it) and I echo the others...each pregnancy is different :D

Anonymous said...

isk dengkinya, nak bertambah juga la.

Congratulations! Tak semestinya sume pregnancy tu sama.. cherish every moment of it, okay.

Booth masih on tak ni?

Anonymous said...

ija,

congrats!!! insya Allah, foetus will be ok.. don't be too worried.. take care of yourself and you'll automatically take care of the baby too..

hugs..
farah alwi

Pearl Wong-Tey said...

congrats on being preggers!!!

Anonymous said...

Salams,

You've just emailed me ur blog address today and I decided to take a peek.Congratulations on your pregnancy! Insyaallah, we pray for the best. :)

Anonymous said...

Salams,

I've just received your blog address today and decided to take a peek.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!My doa to you and hope everything goes fine insyaallah.

Mariah - exBBGS :)

ummu_naqeebah said...

laily ni. masih kenal saya. ahli UKS , alah, yang berslain dalam kete tula, Ok, tahniah!!!!