Thursday, January 19, 2006

CreateMyOwn ANNIVERSARY Gift.

Do u like my blog's new look?

Hei, do you remember how panic I am two weeks ago as I do not know what gift to give my dearest hubby for our anniversary?

Finally, due to limited budget, I've decided to spare some time to make my own gift. Hubby said this is a bit intimate to blog on, but I feel like sharing because it might be useful if you ended up in a feel-like-giving-but-not-much-money-to-spend-on situation.
Note to hubby: I will keep this as general as possible, okay?!

This year, I gave him 'A Box of Feelings'. For every emotions I felt for him, I tried to express it in a physical form. I attached the items to pieces of thick paper (which u can get from any stationery store) then wrote on it what that item represented.

The things I put in there:-
Match for "the fire he lights in me".
Heart patch for "how much I love him".
A band-aid for "all the wounds he have helped heal".
Smiley face for "all the fun we had together"
Sweets for "how sweet you are".

Then I put all the items in nice box (you can get them at any gift store or if you want a good quality ones, visit D'Nata of KLCC), and attached a self-made card that comes with a self-written poem..Then, use your creativity to decorate the box.

My husband was so happy to receive the gift I gave him. And I am grinning with satisfaction coz it is really worth the effort!!

Note to hubby again: I do not disclose everything right? At least not the self-written poem and there's no photo too.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah.. i was anticipating lap dance or something like that. No cost. Im so cheap

Kopi Suam said...

hmm very creative..boleh lah tiru idea ni nanti for our fourth anniversary :)

LindaMunshi said...

I think ur gift was superfabulous...really, really sweet and extremely meaningful. Absolutely priceless.

Unknown said...

gila romantic ko....aku rasa nak copyright idea tu gak khehkehke.....bajet beb bajet...

rafiqaheliza said...

ondeonde: Thanks *blush*. Sexy lingeries for 'how sexy you are'? Why didn't i think of that?! hehehe..

rotidua: lap dance is too intimate to tell..*wink*

kopi suam: Tiru? Kena charge ni..RM200 ok tak?

sarah's mummy: Oh thanks dear. It is priceless especially when u see how his face light up with joy and suprise..Dia tak sangka I can be creative at times coz he never sees me doing art & craft thingy..

Fina: Bukan slalu nak romantic beb..selalu dok umah mak, takde selera nak romantik..hahaha..

Unknown said...

how schweeet...
can i amend my anniversary gift to hubby this July (but Madame Materialistic still wants her bling blings...)
ps - babe, u coming with us to perhentian or not?

rafiqaheliza said...

izreen: Alamak! completely forgotten bout it. Sorry. I had quite a long discussion with hubby as part of us wants to go badly..snorkelling and stuff..Tapi when we think of Ashraff, rasanye agak susah for us to indulge in such activity. Buat jeles je dok tepi pantai while u all gi swimming/snorkelling..tak mo lah! But thanx for the invitation...nanti bila u and fina ada anak, kite buat toddler playgroup kay?! Enjoy your trip!

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Sorry terlewat... Very sweet apa yang Ija bagi tu... So, I have to start thinking of something for my hunny for our 2nd anniversary this coming August!!! So, what did you get in return? How did you celebrate? Ada gi makan2 kat hotel ke? Bukan apa boleh tambah koleksi idea untuk prepare lagi 6 months ni...

rafiqaheliza said...

Intan: What did I get in return? Emmmm...just a WISH..
Hubby sincerely told me that he has no time to shop for my gift without me and Ashraff tagging along.
And we didn't celebrate anywhere this year, unlike the past 2 years. U know why I don't mind? Because selama ni dia je yg beriya2 bagi itu and ini, while I buat dek je..My gift will come 1-2 weeks, or 1 month later..hehehe...

zan said...

ohh my...very sweet...i should try this for my coming anniversary :) the idea sounds fantabulous!

kaezrin said...

oh dearie..u mmg creative betul..:) cayalah..

i hope i can tiru lah one day...I once create a blog for him..everyday I wrote an entry for him and secretly let him know on his birthday...now we still have it somewhgere on this cyberworld and off course its a private one for both of us lorrr...

rafiqaheliza said...

zan: try it. I'm sure he'll love it. BTW, I can't comment on your blog. I can't see all the pictures including the verification code? Tell me how Nael next week kay?!

Kaezrin: oh my, your idea is creative too! How come it got lost in the cyberworld? Sayanglah..