Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Siblings are meant to be together...

...Through good times...



...And bad times...




Internet connection is soooo slow these days! Sampai berhari-hari tertangguh nak post this entry...So ala-ala entry dah basilah ni...

Oh well, after days of having iftar at home, finally we had our buka puasa outside the house for a change...for three consecutive days.

On Friday night, hubby and I (with Aliff tagging along) had our iftar together with the rest of Hubby’s "kawan-kawan kapal" at Tupai2. This is our second time buka puasaing there. Our first was 2 years ago. But have to say the atmosphere and the foods are still the same. An extensive selection of foods with quite an affordable price. Too bad I can’t enjoy the food that much with Aliff “attached” to me almost all the time. He has developed somewhat a serious separation anxiety. He will play only if I’m around. But once I’m out of his sight, he’ll cry like there’s no tomorrow. Even Ayah could not come to the rescue. No photo taken. Bawak camera, tapi tak sempat nak ambik gambar. But I have to tell you, the foods are super-delicious. We were thinking of dining-in at the restaurant during the non-puasa period. Orang cakap the speciality there are the asam pedas and thriffle. Yummy!

On Saturday night, our good buddies, Sheila and Atan invited us for a buka puasa at their house. It was a potluck arrangement so foods are a bundle. The couple together with Nissa & Shahnaz are me and hubby’s uni mates (kitaorang ni kawin sesame budak U jugak..hehe). It was quite a gathering for us, after a long time. Yelah masing-masing busy with work and family.


Now each couple has two kids each. Cuma the combination is different. Like Sheila, she has two girls, me have two boys, while Nissa has a pair. During the short gathering, we plan to actually go on a holiday together. Still deciding on the right time and place. Should be fun kan…Now our kids are also best buddies…



Kaum Ayah jaga yang sulung…Kaum ibu jaga yang no 2…


Then, on Sunday night, we had our iftar at Izreen’s residence to celebrate her daughter’s (Nadya) first birthday bash. Time flies really fast. It seems like yesterday when I visited Izreen during her confinement. Now 12 months have past…Cepatnya!

I had the priviledge to deliver Nadya’s party favors…


And I come out with something different for Nadya’s pressie. Actually, I really don’t know what to give her. Wanted to shop for nice baju kurungs or hari raya dress, but I found out that I’m poor with the girls’ department. Maybe after having two boys, I’ve lost touch with the latest trends in girls’ fashion…hahaha…So, I comeout with something called the Survival Kit.


Inside, there are few ordinary items that I can think of that are suitable for someone who is no longer a baby. Oklah, let’s share ok…

Ada four items altogether…and I put a tag at all the four items…

1 – Times Bookshop Gift Voucher – “for lots of books so Nadya could learn and get ready for school”.

2 - Toys R Us Gift voucher – "for lots of toys so Nadya could play".

3 – A washable crayon so Nadya could scribble everywhere.

4 – A Barney CD – “for in-house entertainment so Nadya could sit at one spot at least longer than the usual”.


I wanted to make a personalized T-shirt but seriously tak sempat. Sorry Nadya, nothing special coz Aunty Rafiqah is extremely busy the last few weeks…

So, this shall be our last week of puasa. I hope it's not too late for me to wish all my fellow blogger’s friends, Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir Batin sekiranya ada terkasar bahasa ketika blogging, ataupun ketika meninggalkan komen di blog anda. For those who travel back to kampung this festive season, please drive carefully. Here I leave you with some of our lampu likur photos…kitaorang dah pasang lampu ni since last week. Thanks to Hubby for lighten up my Raya mood!



Tuan tanah dan cucunya

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Rafiqah.. I envy you and your creativity. Evrybody loved the favours and the Toddler Survival Kit - you really shoudl trademark / patent your ideas lah!
Thanks for coming and hope you guys had a great time!

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Bila tengok gambar Nissa & Sheila tu terasa rindu lah kat diorang. How to contact them? At least email address ke.

Bestnya dapat get together ek...

Umah saya tak boleh pasang pelita like that one lah.. mesti hilang. So pasang lampu lip-lap je... and aysh begitu seronok main bunga api sampai taknak stop.. puas jugak pujuk!!!

SELAMAT BERAYA & HATI2 DI JALAN RAYA!

butterflutter said...

Selamat Hari Raya
Maaf Zahir Batin

ps: Kita psg 1 je pelita tu pun utk main munge api :)

Unknown said...

tu laaa...mana datang la idea creative kau ni kan...bukan masa kelas abraham dulu kau pun selalu kena marah ke sebab kaler geography map tak cantek??

heheheh SELAMAT HARI RAYA....

Anonymous said...

Selamat Hari Raya jugak akak... jangan lupa tangkap gambar kekanak itu berbaju raya byk2 and publish kay...

kaezrin said...

hah...i want a mommy survival kit for my birthday can or not???

pinkytoe said...

Rafiqah..wah a small word. No wonderla when i looked at you rasa cam kenal tapi tak kenal.(ke maybe tak kenal). I know izreen coz we were in A level together masa kat PPP. Were you in PPP too coz u sure look cam familiar la

eiseais said...

seronok nya pasang pelita. the only pelita we have is across the street at the neighbour's house. tengok from the window je :(

takpe, next year i plan to have a good pre-raya celebration for my boys. donno what will happen on raya day itself but pre-raya i plan to have it good.

been a long time since we buka with friends as well. so anti social nowadays...

p/s i love ur survival kit

Juliah & Faridah said...

Ija, so many post to read, but so little time la I have.

Hows ashraff doing? Semoga cepat sembuh.

Selamat Hari Raya & Maaf Zahir Batin.

Unknown said...

Salam aidilfitry to u and ur family..

eiseais said...

baru terbaca komen fina. heiiii...abraham also taught me geog. teringat lagu "on top of spaghetti" :)

Wan Amira said...

You and your brain.. memang power!! ade je lain pade yang lain.. which is good!! i rase u should branding ur label..

rafiqaheliza said...

Izreen: We had a great time! Thanks for inviting us. Heh, don't think patent will qualify, coz idea ni i grabbed from the internet jugak:)

Fahida: I'll email u their email address later. Selamat Hari Raya!

Butterflutter: Cutenye "munge" api..

Fina: I guess it all started with coloring the geography map at abraham's class...hahaha..

rafiqaheliza said...

Aisha: in my next post, I'll do it. Selamat Hari Raya!

Kaezrin: Oh, gives me sometime to think on what can be included in the kit...when's your bday? Kek kukus u mmg menjadi kegilaan betullah!

Pinkytoe: Errr...nope. I'm not at PPP. I know izreen when we were both studying in BBGS.

Eiseai: Not anti-social, but u r too busy raising a family..and making new family member..hahaha. Hubby has been planning on having pelita at rumah KL for a long time. This year je baru menjadi. Hahaha...who can forget 'on top of spaggethi'...which batch r u by the way?

rafiqaheliza said...

Farid: Ashraff is doing fine. I'll 'story' in my next posting. Selamat Hari Raya!

Halogamora: Selamat Hari Raya to u and family too!

Ibu Emir: Tips..all u need to do is surf the Net for ideas..hehe.

Mummy Rizq said...

Selamat Hari raya to U & family... What's your email address dear?