Friday, May 18, 2007

Updates

On Moi

For the whole of this week, today is the only day I'm working. I was on MC from Monday till yesterday. It started with a bad sore throat on Friday evening, followed by normal running nose and mild coughing on Saturday. But on Sunday (which is supposed to be my third Mother's Day), I suffered from quite a severe fever so I'm all flat and weak. Doctor prescribed me with antibiotic . It felt better after a round of antibiotic but after like three to four hours, the feverish feeling started again. And then after two days, I started to shiver especially during the night. I have problem getting a shut-eye. It was so uncomfortable with running nose (or blocked nose), coughing, shivering...and then tetiba rasa kebas kaki dan tangan. I can't remember when was the last time I kena demam teruk macam ni. Mak gave me air asam to basahkan kepala so that panas dalam boleh keluar. I felt better. But only temporarily. I still couldn't sleep at night. And I lost my appetite. Tekak rasa pahit. And everytime makan, I rasa nak muntah (nope, I'm not pregnant).

On Wednesday I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to go for further check-up. Doc suspected I had dengue fever so he did a blood test. At that point of time, my temperature has already risen to 39.2 degrees celcius. Kepala rasa cam nak pecah. Badan rasa melayang-layang. Tekak still rasa loya.

Alhamdulillah, it wasn't dengue (or else I wouldn't be in the office today). Instead it was a viral fever. My white blood count was so low so it couldn't fight with the virus in the blood. Doctor prescribed me with stronger antibiotics. Two of them - one to be taken before meal and another after meal. And doc immediately gave me a jab to quickly reduce my temperature. After two rounds of antibiotic, I felt a lot better. And alhamdulillah, I can work today. My tekak still rasa loya but I've gained my appetite back. I still do feel slightly weak, but this was way better compared to before. As a result of almost one week of fever, lost of appetite and sleepless nights, I lost 2 kilos much to my dismay. I don't quite like my "cengkung" look.

And talking about sleepless nights, I still could not sleep well at night. For example, last night I could only sleep at 3 am. For no apparent reason. Now, I'm scared I've developed some kind of insomnia. That's even harder to cure. Oh please, let me have a peaceful slumber tonight...

On Hubby

Hubby is officially a frequent job hopper these days. He has just landed a new job in one of Malaysia's biggest shipping companies which is a subsidiary of Malaysia's biggest oil and gas company. Job function, still the same. The good old InternalAuditor.

He'll be joining this company middle of next month. He has met his new team leader (which turns out to be a lady) and got to know that his first assignment is in the city of L0nd0n!! Wuhuuuu!!

Ehem..I'll love to join him just like what I did four years ago when he had to audit a subsidiary of his old company in L0nd0n. But I don't like the idea of travelling alone with the two kids on an 11-hour flight. And neither do I like to leave the kids at home while I fly and join him in L0nd0n. So, I'll pass on this one.

Ehem...but don't worry I'll come out with a long list of wishlist..hehe..

All in all I'm happy that he managed to secure a job in this company. This company and the company that he currently works in (which will end this June) are the two companies that hubby aims to work in since his graduation day. The only thing the latter company is a bit too far from our house. So, when he got this new offer, I'm happy for him. At least it'll save his travelling time and money (in terms of fuel and toll). The most ultimate reason why I'm happy is I don't have to take LRT anymore! We can go to work together-gether like before, which I think is the best time for us to communicate and discuss things.

So, I guess since hubby got what he dreamt of, I presumed this will be his last job till he retires. No more job hopping after this, betul tak Hubby?

On the Two Boys

Ishk..tak sempat nak update hari ni. Nak balik dah ni. Minggu depan je lah sambung.

7 comments:

Zaitul said...

helloo rafiqa...

eh...ur husband will be working for the country's biggest shipping company yeee...hehehe...that's where im employed at the moment laaa... :p

rafiqaheliza said...

Hey you...

Hah?! Really-really?! Hahaha...so u carilah freshie yg baru masuk dalam pertengahan bulan Jun. That'll be my hubby-:)

How long have u been working there?

mommamia said...

good to hear that u r getting well,sian mommy,penat sgt kot tu yg demam teruk,lgpun sekarang mmg musim demam la,hubby i pun tak sihat-congrats to ur hubby dpt newjob,biggest shipping co?MISC ka?and london is the destination for his 1st project?WOWWWW!!bestnya!!cpt buat wishlist!!!i nak tumpang wishlist i boleh?:P

Fahidayati Ramli said...

I pun dah lama tak kena demam since bersalin last year June. Woih! Lama betul tu!!! Signal nak demam ada... tapi selalu tak jadik.

Good luck for ur hubby!!! Seronok kan kalau dapat ikut... How long he will be there? Boleh ke nak tumpang wishlist???

For my hubby, dia pun sibuk nak cari kerja lain. Bosan katanya sebab dah almost 7 years kat tpt sekrg...

eiseais said...

heh...i know that shipping company. never attend any of the events i invite them to...hehehe

i was also out sick with sore throat 2 weeks back. best jugak stay at home alone with just me, a tub of haagen dasz coffee ice cream and grey's anatomy dvd :)

Nana said...

glad to know that you're feeling better.

take care ija!

Zaitul said...

baru 2 years....but bored already...hehehe..