Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A helper is finally here...

My maid has finally arrived last Tuesday (19/9/2006). She came from Surabaya and has 10 children of her own, which is like 1 year apart (imagine that!). Married at 14 years old, she is now like 36 years old (but I presumed she is much older).

Unlike my old maid, this time around there is language barrier between us. But I would not blame her since this is the first time she is working in Malaysia. Previously she has worked in Saudi Arabia for 7 years. It is really a great help to find someone who has experience working since she knows what to do without having us to tell her each and everything. Cumanya, she still need to learn to prioritize. For the past one week, what I noticed she mostly concentrates on doing housechores rather than taking care of Ashraff or at least concern about Ashraff's regular schedules like nap time, milk time, eating time etc. Kalau disuruh bagi Ashraff susu, barulah dia bagi. Kalau disuruh tukarkan pampers, barulah dia tukar. I guess I have to ask my mother to remind her to take care of Ashraff's need rather than anything else, despite me telling her once.

As for Ashraff, I am relief that he is the 'cepat mesra' kinda boy. So, so far everything went out smooth between him and his new Bibik..except when it comes to sleeping routine. When it comes to putting Ashraff to sleep, he only wants his Tok Mak or his Ibu to lay down beside him and lull him to sleep. Not anyone else. Kat sini yang payahnya. Kat sinilah datangnya manja dan mengada-gadanya budak Ashraff. I still have no idea on how to rectify this problem. Probably the best way is to let Bibik stay with Ashraff alone, so Ashraff is not given any opportunity to choose. But, am I ready for that?

All in all, nak ikutkan Bibik baru ni lebih memeningkan as compared to my old maid. Language barrierlah, prioritization of work lah, meeting Ashraff's emotional needlah. But I guess 7 days is too early to judge her. Hopefully in one month time, she'll improve. Hubby said the most important thing is improvement. Kalau takde improvement, lagi pening kepala. Especially with the new baby expected to arrive 2 weeks after Raya.

To all my fellow Muslim out there, SELAMAT MENYAMBUT BULAN RAMADHAN YANG MULIA.

4 comments:

Nana said...

ija, new maid nye process senang tak? ke everything was done by the agent? ada kena denda tak pasal amek new maid?

rafiqaheliza said...

Nana: In my case, sume agent yang buatkan (mahallah sikit camni) except for fomema check-up after arrival. Takde pulak kena denda. Mau tuka maid baru ke?

Nana said...

tuhlaaa tak suka agents tu. diorang taruk harga cukup2. kan my maid lari aritu.. ni tgh plan nak amek maid baru la.

Anonymous said...

hi dear, lama x dgr citer. anyway, one tip from me, kalau ashraff tak selesa with the maid, then u kena tukar cepat. But u have another 3 months probation period kan so buat decision cepat based on your gut feelg. Later on u'll get a new baby so kalau dia tak blaja to prioritize, mmg kelam-kabut nanti nak get into the routine. my maid hari tu sempat 4 months bermesra with my doter hureen pastu dapat si adik hannan, alhamdulillah with proper training masa maternity leave tu, my maid survived le. so maybe masa cuti nanti, u boleh train her betul2. gud luck.

sis hudhud