Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Declaration of Guilt

I've got a confession to make…

Today is the first time I skip from fasting!


Am I frustrated? Oh yes I am…But then, the experience I had yesterday was unbearable so I decided to skip one day. Yesterday, as I reached home, my body was aching and I was gasping for air…mengah semacam! Might be due to the long walk from the office to Putra station. And then another round of walk at Ker@mat’s Pasar Ramadhan. The weather was burning yesterday while we Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan at the Pasar, so as I was dehydrated and could collapse any minute. After iftaar, I had a bloated tummy and could not walk properly. Rasa pedih sangat!

This is the first time I have to go thru fasting month during pregnancy (Ashraff dulu ‘jadi’ bulan puasa and born three months before puasa..hehehe). I am somesort of mentally prepared to face the extra lethargy and prayed that I’ll be able to go thru bulan puasa at ease. Tapi kecundang jugak di tengah jalan. In fact, Hubby advised me to skip from fasting today as he’s worried about my condition. By the way, is it advisable to fast when you are pregnant?

I just hope I’ll be able to minimise the ‘puasa leave’ I have to take and make full use of this holy month to beribadah. Pray harder, Rafiqah...

*******************************

Just received this photo from my cousin – A Picture of the Four of Us.


This three are my closest cousins– from left, The Artistic Emi, The Twins Tina & Tini and Moi. We are basically one year apart, with me being the oldest (also the oldest cucu of Khalid’s clan – my mother’s side), followed by Emi and then the Twins. Since the fifth cucu came four years after the Twins were born, so the four of us are basically stuck together in almost every family occassion. Masa kecik dulu, tak pernah miss ambik gambar berempat!

But time flies…All of us have our life partners now (with Tini being the last to marry i.e. this Raya). So, the four of us decided to include our partners (and junior...sayang Tina tak bawak her 'junior') in the “Picture of Four of Us”.


***********************

Psst...I've just added the photos of our Bandung trip here!

7 comments:

Nana said...

wah.. dah lama tak nampak emi. and the twins look different too from my memory. :)

anyway, pasal puasa tu. mcm in my case dulu, i was ok until towards the end. last 3 hari flat gile. doc said i was having gastric so dia ban i dari puasa. hahaha.

pasal hukum pulak.. (pjg pulak i bebel harini), to my understanding but correct me if i'm wrong - if it memudaratkan you, tak wajib puasa and wajib ganti. but if memudaratkan you n baby pon tak wajib puasa and wajib ganti and kena bayar fidyah.

Unknown said...

hope u are faring well babe!
at the moment, kita still boleh bertahan puasa, but i guess its helped by the fact that i am at home on mc, resting! heh heh - tak aci kan?
take care and expect an sms shooting out hopefully very soon! (I so tidak larat aredi!)

rafiqaheliza said...

nana: thanks for the hukum. I guess i punye case macam u, banyak angin dalam badan...

izreen: hey you! wassup? lama tak update blog. i thot u dah deliver dah...Now on MC ha? tak acilah! I pun nak MC jugak. Looking forward for d SMS...All the best!

Anonymous said...

ija,
i dulu pon tak puasa 2-3 hari ..tapi.. masa tu baru 3 bulan preggy kot.. i dah tak larat nak puasa.. (larat sebenarnye kot, tapi .. ntah la..)

Angah said...

Puasa 2003, I was 7 months pregnant. Puasa 2006, I am 10 weeks pregnant.

Setakat ni alhamdulillah, ok je. paper 28/9/2006 ada artikel pasal ibu mengandung dan berpuasa ni.

Asalkan kia jaga diet pemakanan baik masa sahur dan berbuka, shouldn't be a problem untuk puasa.

Bila fikir nak ganti semula tuh alahaiiiii, tu yang tahankan juga berpuasa tu.

rafiqaheliza said...

haariz's mom: kalau awal2 preggie, biasanye mabuk. so mesti tak tahan pose. But in ur case, it's smooth sailing. Buka pose tu ngada sebenonye..hehehe..

angah: thanks for dropping by. Newspaper yg mana ye? Nak baca! nak baca!

mommy@lif said...

yep rasanya nana punya komen tuh betul.. takpela..dah deliver nanti, boleh start ganti puasa balik (sambil boleh get the ideal weight again):P

hihihi now i dah boleh recall u yang mana satu, though still ingat² lupa