Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Keluh resah di pagi hari.

I hate the morning rush...and the evening rush.

Pagi-pagi orang berpusu-pusu nak pergi kerja. Kat Stesyen Star LRT Salak Selatan, punyalah ramai manusia. Jangan harap nak dapat tempat duduk. Worse still is Masjid Jamek station. MasyaAllah, a very long queue just to get in the LRT. Macam pagi ni je, LRT yang ke-4 barulah boleh masuk. Nasib baik tak lambat sampai office!

Balik kerja lagi satu hal. Dari Dang Wangi Putra LRT nak ke Masjid Jamek tu, kalau tak meng'sardin'kan diri, jangan harap dapat masuk. Sometimes I wish I have the sticky palm like Spiderman so I can stick myself at the roof. Senang sikit nak dapat fresh air. But imagine myself doing it, ishk...buruklah pulak...

And the thing about a 3-month pregnant lady is that her tummy looks just like she has excess fat around her waist. So, most people in the LRT I noticed, look at me up and down, considering whether I ni betul-betul pregnant or perut je buncit. They must be thinking "Kalau aku offer dia tempat duduk, and she is not pregnant, that will be an insult to her. Tapi kalau tak offer, and dia betul-betul pregnant, rasa bersalah pulak." So, most end-up not offering me the seat. Terpaksalah berdiri sepanjang journey, which took me around 45-60 mins every day. Lama tu!

I do not know what it feels like when I reached my third trimester nanti. I hope by then, people would notice a pregnant lady squeezing her way into the LRT, and would offer me a seat. Hope Allah will give me the strength to endure a tough journey going back and forth to work...No doubt, kat luar sana ramai yang lagi susah daripada I. But, for someone yang biasa berambil berhantar oleh suami, bila dah kena macam ni, terasalah peritnya jugak...That's life...

But that does not change the feeling I got for the morning and evening rush...I still hate them!!

9 comments:

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Ija... nak tanya lah.... how to contact Anissa? Lost contact with her since... tak ingat berapa lama...
Ija ada email address or phone number...?
How is she doing? Really miss her (sama macam rindu nak jumpa ija and others gak).

Juliah & Faridah said...

ija, pakai je terus baju maternity. InsyaAllah, they will notice that u are pregnant.. :)

Hot Mama said...

Eh you.. dat that i lalu osim's shop, siap that salesman tanye nak try "zap zap" tak... I was so pissed at him, i said i'm PREGNANT laa u doink!!! Hahahah!!!

LindaMunshi said...

Knowing M'sian, you could be at ur last dying breath, and they still won't have the common sense & decency to give up their seat for you. Dulu when I was 7 month pregnant with DD, went to the putrajaya office to do My Kad. DH suruh duduk luar, bertenggek kat tangga sebab kesian at me, sarat-sarat kena berdiri. Persistent me degil, so I looked to find a target, saw a young man elok jek melepak buat dunno, stood beside him & moaned, groaned & complained loudly that one would've think I was going into labor. Anyway, it worked coz that embarassed the guy & after awhile he just gave up his seat to stand a far distance away from me. Haha! U ought to try it!

Nana said...

2 places you can see the ugly side of malaysia - on the road and on the LRT. the few times i had to use the LRT masa preggies with Aliah pon no one stood up to give me their seat. sabar je lah!

rafiqaheliza said...

Intan: Nanti Ija email her email add and her phone no, insyaAllah.

Haariz's mommy: Nak tukar uniform awal lagi..besar semacam baju2 tu..

Hotmama: hahahaha...that's one funny story!

Sarah's mummy: Wow u daring woman! I don't think I am dare to do such thing..probably not this time. Kalau perut dah besar sket, lain ceritalah kot..

Onde2: Oh yes, I hope I akan dipertemukan dgn org yg kind-hearted. That iklah yang Adlin Aman Ramli berlakon tu, is so true!!

Nana: Seriously!! Esp in the morning, when mostly yg dapat seat, semuanya tido...Or pretend to sleep!!

eiseais said...

i have the same problem. no one ever offered me a seat on the lrt. ada once i went back with a friend and there was an empty seat, dgn tak malunya she said loudly "you sit lah...you pregnant what" hahaha...even when i was 7-8 mths preggie last time, no one bothered to give me a seat in the monorail. tensen betul. what i did was make a sad face and balik 10 minutes earlier so that tak packed sangat.

rafiqaheliza said...

eiseai: tulah, i rasa diaorg ni ada sikap "berani buat, berani tanggung..so kalau dah pregnant tu, pepandailah tanggung sendiri kepenatannya.." If u catch my drift...

Anonymous said...

hi there,

i accidentally 'bumped'into your blog while googling the word 'appeal letter to fomema'.. hahahhaaa...

anyway, u selalu naik lrt from dang wangi to masjid jamek ye.. i pon selalu naik ke masjid jamek tapi from klcc..

just to share my experience, i ni jenis badan kecik, so when i was pregnant it won't really show (up until 5 months i tell you..) so memang confirm kena berdiri dalam lrt coz either ppl were not aware that i was pregnant, or buat2 tak tau...

and yes, i agree with the previous comments that here in malaysia susah nak carik org yg will offer you a seat in any public transportation.. bukannye lrt je.. bas pon sama.. imagine last time i was pregnant (in my third trimester) and had to stand in the bus all the way to my house, about 1 hour.. dah la tengah puasa.. i saja berdiri depan sorang mamat muda lagi nak tengok kot2 dia offer his seat.. tapi hampeh....

oppss terpanjang pulak comments.. :)