Monday, August 22, 2005

Waiting for the Unknown

22nd August 2005..hmmm..this is the day scheduled for each one of us to receive a letter, indicating where will we go after this..

As per my previous entry (you can read it here), my Bank has been taken over by another Bank. I am working in one of the development banks in Malaysia. Basically, the idea to merge between two development banks comes from the overlapping of products and services, using the same source of fund which mostly comes from the Government. In Budget 2005, the notion to set-up an SME Bank was brought up. This Bank is to cater for the Small and Medium Enterprise' funds requirement to enable them to expand and simultaneously, increase Malaysian economic status.

Thus, by merging two development banks, it could streamline the products to provide better service to the SMEs. With the overlapping of services and idea to set-up SME Bank, the across-the-street Bank has 'makan' our Bank and turn our Bank to SME Bank. Since they have staffs who handled SME accounts there, they shall be transferred to SME bank and the rest will join the parent company, which is to handled big corporate accounts like maritime and infrastructure. So they will be a lot of reshuffling going on..

So who to where? That is to be determined today. Each of our Bank's staff (including me!) will receive a letter. A letter to show us our future..
Since I'm into evaluating SME loans, BIG probability I'll be joining the SME Bank. But to which department and with whom? The answer to which is still unknown..and I hate waiting for the unknown..the conclusion is, I HAVE NO MOOD TO WORK TODAY!!


***************************************************

Updated at 5.45 p.m.:

Got the LETTER!

I am transferred to Loan Supervision Department for KL Branch!! What?? I hate, hate, hate the job. I hate doing 'ceti' work, kutip hutang here and there..
Sheshhh..
I have never done Loan Administration work before, but I know it involves working with problematic clients..which means no FREE LUNCH for me!
But then again, another side of me said life goes on..Just take the challenge! After all, this is just a secondment letter and I'm under evaluation. If I can't handle the job, they could transfer me to another department that I'm best in. Semuanya berserah kepadaNya..
But then, if only CreateMyOwnGift is stable enough so I could quit this job and become my own boss..ahhhh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bank Pembangunan/Industri eh? Usually there will be VSS right after merger. You know there are general lack in Corporate/Small Medium Credit Officers in banks, at least in the previous bank i worked with. Just a thought.

My audit colleague there has started sending resume out.

Actually who eat who eh?

rafiqaheliza said...

Yeah..Bank Pembangunan/Bank Industri..Is not actually merger, but acquisition, so instead of one entity (like in a merger process), there is still two entities in this case. So I doubt if there's any VSS..But I do look forward for one *wink*..

Your audit collegue, huh? Who is it eh?
Bank Pembgunan eats Bank Industri..